The Moment of Truth: Time To Say Goodbye to Camelot

Ok so I lied. I was so motivated when I began to write my Merlin story that I decided to write more. Unfortunately, that means my Phantom of the Opera story will be on hold a little bit longer. I promise I will be writing that story again soon.

However, the next update will take time because summer is almost over, and I must go back to teaching. Please be patient with me. Also, I want to thank OtherCharacterNut for helping me with this story. You guys really need to read her stories. Anyways, enjoy the first part of the episode "The Moment of Truth" ... which is one of my favorite episodes in season 1!

Also, I do not own anything except my OCs Sam, Josh, and Courtney.

SAM'S POV

It's been a week since the episode Excalibur event. I felt so proud of myself for finally changing an episode and for the better. Plus, getting the overgrown lizard's shocked face and his apology will forever be planted in my memory. It was great to relax and not worry about evil in Camelot for once.

Morgana, Gwen and I had gotten even closer. We even had a picnic near the sunflower field (with soldiers standing guard of course). When I was on break or finished my job in the garden, I sneakily grabbed my horse, Midnight, and rode into the forest to practice my taekwondo.

But that couldn't last forever.

On a beautiful morning, I was carrying a basket of lilies to the market to deliver them to our flower seller John. After finding the stand and handing him the flowers, I turned around and noticed Merlin was hugging a woman. Merlin soon caught me staring at them as he pointed at me. The woman turned to me, and I gasped to see who it was. The woman was Hunith, Merlin's (and supposedly my) mother. I couldn't believe how much Hunith looked exactly like my real mom back in my world.

I stood still as a statue. I did not know how to react. Hunith rushed over to me with Merlin trailing behind. I held my breath as she placed her hands on my cheeks and she started to cry.

"Oh, my beautiful Samantha. You've become a beautiful lady," she said softly.

All of a sudden, I felt something come over me, and crash into me like a tsunami to the shore. I missed my mom back in my world so much that Hunith was the closest thing I could have to a mom in this one. I dropped my basket and slowly wrapped my arms around her. I cried in her shoulder, and I whispered, "Mom, you're here."

I felt her kiss my head before I released her. My smile dropped when I noticed she had a bruise under her eye. "Mom, you're hurt! What happened?" I asked.

Merlin grabbed Hunith's shoulder to examine her. His face turned red as he asked, "Who did this to you?!"

That's when I realized this was the beginning of the episode, "The Moment of Truth," and this one is going to be hard.

While Merlin took Hunith to Gaius, I ran to find Arthur. I remembered Hunith was able to talk to Uther in the show, but I thought it there might be a better chance to gain real help in the village if Arthur sought the meeting with the king and court. His request would carry much more weight.

When I found Arthur on the battlefield practicing his sword fighting skills with Leon and Richard, I ran to them and called out, "Arthur, I need to talk to you!"

The men paused their fighting and stared at me. Arthur looked slightly happy to see me, but it quickly flashed away into arrogance.

"Sam, we are in the middle of something here. I don't need to help you on which color dress Morgana should wear for the banquet in two weeks."

Some of the knights laughed at Arthur's comment, but Leon did not. He grabbed my arm and asked quietly, "Sam, what is the matter? You look frightened."

I slightly smiled at Leon's concern. Leon has become a dear friend of mine. Besides Merlin, Leon also knew that I sneak into the forest to practice my fighting skills. Who do you think helped me sneak Midnight from the stables? He even volunteered to teach me archery, without the other knights and Arthur knowing.