The Gates of Avalon: Dangerous Love

Hello, my Merlin fans, I am back! I know it has been forever.

I am sorry that I did not update. I have been very busy for the past couple of months. I am working at my theater summer camp, practicing rehearsals for the summer musical and spending time with my family. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "Red Rose Nightmare" story. Please be patient with me.

Also, I have amazing news... I PASSED MY CERTIFICATION EXAM!

Again, I want to thank my friend DreamonAlina for proofreading this chapter. Seriously, I do not know what I would do without your help. If you have not read her stories, I recommend you read them. They are truly amazing! Also, I want to thank everyone who helped/advised me with my writer block for this chapter. I really appreciate all the help.

Also, please check out my Twitter page and my YouTube channel. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

SAM'S POV

Last night before I went to bed, I remembered that the scene when Sophia will try to place Arthur under her spell the next day. I looked over at Merlin's bed to see he was dead asleep. I softly said the spell and the secret door to the floor opened. I pulled the magic book out and quickly turned the pages. I stopped when I found what I was looking for; an invisible cloak spell. I could sneak around, and no one would see me.

I grabbed my cloak and softly hissed out, "Netra kittasd toppada."

I felt my eyes warmed up and my brown cloak turned into a bright blue color. Huh, not a bad color either. I tied the cloak around my next and walked to my mirror. I took a deep breath. I was so nervous when I placed the hood on my head. I gasped as I felt my whole body disappeared. This is so cool but freaky at the same time. I pulled the hood back and I reappeared again. I need to keep this cloak safe.

3rd POV

The morning sun appeared over the trees in Camelot. It seemed like a normal day, except for two guests. Ever since Sophia and her Father came to Camelot, Merlin had a bad feeling. He knew he had a busy day when he woke up that morning.

After receiving Arthur's breakfast and helping him change into his clothes, Merlin started to make the bed. He could tell Arthur had something on his mind this morning. He had her arms crossed over his chest and was leaning on one of the bed wooden support poles.

"Is everything all right sire?"

Arthur looked at his manservant and replied, "I'm taking Sophia out for a ride today. You know, show her around."

Merlin raised one of his eyebrows as he stopped fluffing the pillow. He looked confused. What is Arthur up to? "Where do I come into this?"

"Well, I'm supposed to be on patrol with the guard of my father this morning," answered the Prince. Merlin's head shot up when he heard Arthur said, "so I need you to cover for me."

"What, and lie to the King? No. No way. No, he'll see right through me. I can't even lie to my own sister! He'll have me in the stocks quicker than you can say rotten tomatoes," Merlin explained.

Arthur immediately interrupted his manservant from his ranting. "Merlin, I need you to do this for me."

"I am a terrible liar," Merlin continued to babble as Arthur rolled his eyes with frustration. "I start sweating, my vision blurs, my brain stops working-"