The Gates of Avalon: A Sacrifice

Hello, my Merlin fans, I am back! I know it has been forever. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life, directing a play, work and my next update is my "Red Rose Nightmare" story. Please be patient with me.

Again, I want to thank my friend OtherCharacterNut for proofreading this chapter. Seriously, I do not know what I would do without your help. If you have not read their stories, I recommend you read them. They are truly amazing!

Also, please check out my YouTube channel. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

3RD POV

Hold on, Sam! I'm coming!

Merlin could only hope that Sam was able to hear his message. He instantly dropped the helmet he was polishing for Arthur when he heard Sam call out to him. Her voice was so scared and her words still echoed in his mind. "Merlin, help me! Sophia and her father are going to-"

Then there was only silence. He could not even feel Sam's presence. So, Merlin could only think one thing: Sam was in dire trouble. Merlin looked everywhere, but no matter where he went, he could not find her. He started to panic. What if something happened horrible to her? Where was she?

Arthur! Merlin thought. Arthur might know! He immediately ran to Arthur's chambers and opened the door. Arthur nearly jumped with a start when he heard his door opened with a bang. He rolled his eyes at the sight of his manservant, who was out of breath and sweating like a swine.

"Merlin, you better have a good explanation why you're here and not polishing my armour," said the prince.

Merlin looked up as he started to speak very slowly. "I... polish... Sam... trouble..."

Arthur's eyes narrowed when he heard Merlin's last word. "What did you say Merlin?"

Merlin stood up straight and took a deep breath. "I think Sam is in trouble."

"I am interrupting gentlemen?"

Merlin gasped and turned around to see Sophia and her father standing in the doorway. Merlin glared at the duo as he marched right up to them.

"What have you done with my sister!" he sneered at them.

Aulfric glared at Merlin before replying, "We are not talking to you, boy."

"You have done something to Sam! Where is she?"

Arthur grabbed Merlin's arm before he could attack the royal guests. "Merlin, that is enough." Arthur slowly released his manservant's arm before turning to the father and daughter "I apologize for him. Merlin sometimes doesn't use his head and, at the moment, Merlin thinks his sister is in trouble."

Merlin narrowed his eyes at the prince. He doesn't think his sister is in trouble, he knows. And his heart dropped when Sophia smirked and said, "Oh, but she is."

Arthur looked concerned before asking, "What are you saying?"

She held out her hand and revealed something laying in her palm. Arthur's face turned white when he saw a blue stone necklace in Sophia's hand. Merlin recognized that necklace instantly. It was Sam's and she would never take it off. In a flash, Arthur unleashed his sword and pointed it at the girl.

"Where is Samantha?" he seethed.

Sophia's smirk grew as her eyes held no fear. "You really care for her, don't you? A Prince caring for a meek servant girl."