A Remedy to Cure All Ills: Gaius Must Leave

Hello, my Merlin fans, I am back! I know it has been forever.

I am sorry that I did not update. I have been very busy for the past couple of months. My teaching job starts again, studying for my exam, performing for the musical "Beauty and the Beast," and spending time with my family. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "Red Rose Nightmare" story. Please be patient with me.

Again, I want to thank my friend OtherCharacterNut for proofreading this chapter. Seriously, I do not know what I would do without your help. If you have not read her stories, I recommend you read them. They are truly amazing! Also, I want to thank everyone who helped/advised me with my writer block for this chapter. I really appreciate all the help.

Also, please check out my Twitter page, my YouTube channel, and my Polypore page to see posters and what clothes Brie is wearing in each chapter. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

Sam's POV

Why does it feel like the only reason Edwin keeps making me run errand after errand for him is because he wants to see me every at every turn? Just the thought of being in the same room as him sends a scraping chill down my spine. I know he's the villain of the episode, but I also remember how he became one and yet I could only feel disgust in the pit of my stomach. I wish I could burst into the throne room and announce he's an evil wizard, but that wouldn't end well. Not for me anyway. Not without mortal, not magical, proof. I shook my head. I needed to stay the course or I might change the episode for the worst and the last thing I wanted was for Edwin to succeed in killing Uther and Gaius.

As I exited my room and looked up to see Gaius reading a book. His hair was a mess and dark circles shadowed under his eyes. I walked over to him and sweetly said, "Good morning, Gaius."

He slightly jumped, but sighed a relieved smile at the sight of me. "Oh Samantha, you startled me. I did not hear your bedroom door open."

I glanced over the contents of the table. Stacks upon stacks of papers and books, all to find the truth about Edwin. I bit my lip not knowing what to say about it and asked, "Gaius, did you not get any sleep last night?"

Gaius yawned and rubbed the exhaustion from his eyes. "I did not, but it was worth it." I nodded, worry darkening my own as I grabbed my satchel. "Where are you going?" Gaius asked.

I cringed before answering, "Edwin wants me to collect supplies for him at dawn."

Gaius smiled weakly before saying, "Well, you better get a move on then."

3rd POV

Gaius opened the door to Edwin's guest chambers to see the man sorting through his potions. The physician now knew Edwin's true identity and was ready to confront him. "Edwin. Your scar has healed well." Edwin turned to him curious as Gaius continued to speak. "I often wondered what happened to that poor young boy."

"I told you we've never met before."

Confident in exposing the lie, Gaius declared, "I didn't realize who you were until I checked the records." Edwin's smile drifted into a scowl when he realized the old man discovered the truth. "You used your mother's maiden name. You are Gregor and Jaden's son."

Edwin glared at the physician and replied, "They were friends of yours."

"They were sorcerers," Gaius shot back.