The Poisoned Chalice: Who Poisoned Sam?

Hey everyone, here is the next chapter. just a reminder, I do have a teaching job, I am part of a theater company, and I do have a life too. So sadly, updates will take its time for my stories "My Magical Wish" and "Red Rose Nightmare." I would ask you all, my faithful readers, to please have patience with me. I swear on my life that I will NEVER abandon my stories.

Anyways, don't forget to review and check out my Polyvore page to see what Sam is wearing for the chapter. Anyways, here's the chapter! I hope you'll enjoy it!

I don't own anything except my OC Sam.

3rd POV

Time stood still as everyone watched Sam faint to the ground as the goblet fell out of her hand. Merlin immediately ran to her and knelt down, gathering her in his arms.

Uther realized what happened and glared at Lord Bayard. "It's poisoned. Guards seize him!"

All of Camelot's guards unsheathed their swords and pointed at the other knights. Even Morgana held her dagger out. Arthur rushed over to Merlin and crouched over Sam. Gwen and Gaius rushed over too.

Merlin was trying to wake Sam as he said, "Sam! Wake Up! Please wake up!"

"Sam? Can you hear me?" Gaius placed his hand on the girl's head and immediately pulled back. "We have to get her back to my chambers. Bring the goblet. I need to identify the poison."

Arthur instantly lifted the unconscious girl into his arms and ran out of the room. Merlin grabbed the goblet as he, Gwen, Gaius, and Morgana followed Arthur. Arthur's mind was racing as he sped down the halls carrying Sam close to his chest. He looked down to see her face was as white as snow and her breathing was shallow. He needed to get her to Gaius' chambers and fast.

As they all entered the physician's chambers, Gaius said to Arthur, "Lay her on the bed quickly; she's struggling to breathe." Arthur placed Sam on the bed as Merlin grabbed his sister's hand. The healer turned to Gwen and Morgana and ordered, "Gwen, fetch me some water and a towel. Morgana, go get a blanket."

Merlin was shaking in fear as he continued to hold Sam's hand, not only thing to comfort her, but also himself. "Come on Sam, wake up. You got to wake up!"

Arthur looked at the physician and asked, "Is she gonna be all right?"

Gaius touched Sam's sweating head and immediately recoiled. "She's burning up."

Gwen and Morgana returned with the supplies as Gwen worriedly asked, "You can cure her, can't you Gaius?"

Gaius picked up one of his books on poison and replied, "I won't know until I can identify the poison. Pass me the goblet." Morgana reached over and handed it to him. Gaius looked carefully into the cup and noticed something. "Ah. There's something stuck on the inside."

The statement caught Arthur's attention. "What is it?"

"It looks like a flower petal of some kind," explained the older man.

Morgana looked at Sam, before she addressed to everyone, "I have to return to Uther and tell him what's going on. I'll keep you informed about Lord Bayard." She was about to run out, but briefly turned to Gaius and pleaded, "Please save her Gaius." The older man nodded his head as Morgana ran out of the room. Merlin rushed over to the physician as his mentor pulled the flower petal out of the goblet.

"That's the thing that poisoned her?" asked the wizard.

"Indeed it looks like it."

Gwen was so concerned for her friend. How could someone do such a cruel thing? She touched Sam's forehead and her worry grew. "Her brow's on fire."