Lancelot: Make Him A True Knight

Hello my Merlin fans, I am back! First, I want to say  a late Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Years!

I am sorry that I did not update. I have been very busy for the past couple of months. My job, studying for my exam, and spending time with my family. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "Red Rose Nightmare" story. Please be patient with me.

Again, I want to thank my friend OtherCharacterNut for proofreading and giving me great ideas for this chapter. I could not do it without you!

Also, please check out my Twitter page, my YouTube channel, and my Polyvore page to see posters and what clothes Sam is wearing in each chapter. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Sam.

Sam's POV

Anger still boiled inside me at forgetting the stupid law. Lance was destined to be the greatest knight in legend and even though he would become just that, I didn't want him to have to wait. After dinner Lancelot, Merlin, and I were hanging out in our back room. Lance was standing near the window while Merlin was lighting the candles. I watched them as I lay on my stomach, sketching in my journal. My thoughts were so hazed over due to my less than happy mood that I didn't realize I was putting too much pressure on the pencil.

I gasped when it suddenly snapped in two. "Dang it! That's the third one this week," I groaned, laying my head into the pillow. I slowly looked up to see the boys staring at me. I could tell they were trying not to laugh so I moaned, "Go ahead. It's not like you're crushing my soul with your laughter."

"We would never do that," stated Merlin.

I rolled my eyes before asking Lancelot, "Why do you want to be a knight so much? I mean, you've seen how ignorant Arthur and his pals are right?"

Lancelot sighed and looked down at his hands. "When I was a boy, my village was attacked by raiders from the northern plains. They were slaughtered where they stood, my father, my mother. Everyone."

I suddenly felt myself sit up as I stared, tears stinging my eyes as I was enveloped by his story. I could never imagine the pain he went through, losing his entire family as a child. I shuddered at the thought of losing my family to such brutality and then felt someone rubbing my shoulder. I looked up to see Merlin trying to comfort me. I remembered Merlin never met his own father, which means I never met my 'father' either. I glanced back at Lancelot to see he was trying to hold himself together as well.

"I alone escaped. I vowed that day that never again would I be helpless in the face of tyranny. I made sword craft my life. Every waking hour since that day, I devoted to the art of combat, and when I was ready, I set forth for Camelot," exclaimed Lancelot. I could see the passion and desire in his eyes. His dream was to be a knight, just like my dream was to be an artist and travel around the world. However, he sighed and sat down next to me. "And now, it seems, my journey ends. Everything I fought for, wasted."

I touched his hand and rubbed it softly. He looked into my eyes and I hoped that he saw how much I hate to see someone, especially someone like him, have their hearts and dreams broken.

"I am so sorry. I wish there was something we could do," I said softly.

Merlin walked around the room and said in a determined voice, "No, I am not giving up. I give you my word, whatever it takes, I will make this right."

I looked at Merlin and I knew what he was thinking. Before Merlin could leave the room, I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him away from Lance. "Merlin, I know that look. Whatever you're planning, don't do it," I whispered.