⟨ 𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞 + 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 ⟩

Hi there fellow Wattpad bookworms!

Thank you so much for visiting!

This book, 𝑨𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑶𝒅𝒅𝒔, is a project created from a roleplay between a friend and I, that we decided to turn into a novel. It's an ongoing back and forth that began in 2014, and a lot has changed since we began. So the storyline had to undergo some major improvements to remove a lot of the PG-13 and cringe, and include a lot more of the elements and focus we missed out on. The writing is done by myself, but it is derived from the original roleplay, along with a lot of improv and scene changes.

Here are some things you should know before you dive in.

· · ·

𝑺𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒑𝒔𝒊𝒔

This is a story of friendship, love, and a lot of drama.

Alaina is the new girl at the prestige Beaumont Academy, a school with a population of rich and conceited students. In an attempt to defend someone, she becomes public enemy number one when she messes with the leader of the infamous V4, an idolized group of bullies. She faces several hardships, testing her courage and determination, but she refuses to be defeated. Amidst the adversity, an unexpected friendship blossoms, offering a glimmer of hope and support. Eventually, with kindness, understanding, and a little time, what starts out as a petty rivalry becomes an erratic friendship. However, a friendship with the V4 is all sorts of complicated—especially with their wealth, status, and history. But complicated never scared Alaina.

𝑮𝒆𝒏𝒓𝒆𝒔

This book is a contemporary fiction, telling the story of friendship, with subgenres of romance, drama, and slice of life. Please be aware that the couple 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 in this book. However, the series is classified as slow burn romance, so the development of the romance will be more on the realistic and slower side, requiring patience to get to the relationship part.

If you love the following tropes, then chances are you'll enjoy this book. The most prominent tropes in the book are bad boy x good girl, love triangle, forbidden love, and angst (with a happy ending, of course, eventually). I would share some others, but that spoils the fun.

𝑾𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

This book is categorized as a Young Adult Romance with a mature rating, meaning mature topics will be mentioned and there may be 𝙥𝙤𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 for certain readers. The intended audience is 16+, as there will be mature topics but not in extreme detail and not to a strong degree. Let me begin by saying there will be no smut within this series, its focus is on character development and plot. It will discuss some sensitive themes and topics, which include (but are not limited to) swearing, attempted suicide, bullying, violence, assault, stalking or harassment, kidnapping, and murder/deaths + blood.

I apologize in advance if I've missed anything, feel free to correct me. I advise you to please proceed at your own discretion. Some of these topics are exclusive to the first few chapters and will not be recurring later on. While others will be recurring as this series will enter the supernatural aspect at some point. These topics will not be heavily focused on either.

· · ·

With that said, should you choose to read and take part in this journey, I hope you reading this brings you the same enjoyment it did for me when I wrote it with my friend. All the feelings of joy, annoyance, shock, excitement, sympathy, anger—I hope you're able to feel it all.

Please vote and comment, I'm very curious to hear what everyone has to say about the plot/characters/writing that have developed over the years. Comments sharing your thoughts at specific moments are much appreciated and constructive criticism is also welcomed. If you think the story is worth the share, then please invite friends to join you, because nothing beats discussing books with someone. Looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts and opinions.

Once again, thank you for being here and supporting our story :)

With love,
𝑨𝒏𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒂

· · ·

Disclaimer: The story is based off Boys Over Flowers, it's inspired by a lot of the elements and events within the manga/series, so you'll recognize a lot of the similarities towards the beginning and others throughout. However, this contains original characters within a different universe, and should be considered independently.