𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗: 𝐃𝐨𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐲

Cordie and Brendan were at the lounge earlier than the other two today

Cordie and Brendan were at the lounge earlier than the other two today. Brendan was hunched over at the pool table, angling the stick and practicing his shots. Cordie was on the couch, having an early morning snack, sinking her spoon into her cherry colored cream and scooping up a bite. There was a little more than half an hour to kill before their first class, so the two were catching up about the weekend. Brendan had some short-lived date stories, the average weekend for him. Cordie shared details of her shopping errands, showing him some of the outfits she'd bought on her phone.

During their conversation, she had a thought come to mind. "Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Damon since Saturday," Cordie remembered, turning to Brendan. "Have you seen him?"

Setting down the pool stick, Brendan shook his head. "Nope, I haven't seen him since Friday actually, my weekend was packed." With dates. He had a long schedule of dates lined up in his leisure time. He leaned against the stick, in thought. "I wonder if he carried out his big plan for that girl last week. Did he ever tell you what exactly it was?"

Cordie shrugged, digging her spoon into the ice cream. "Nope. But he asked me to pick out dresses and stuff. It was weird."

Brendan stood up straight with a puzzled expression. "Dresses?"

Cordie nodded, taking a big heaping spoonful.

"Weird." Damon taking an interest in dresses, much less, asking Cordie for her input, was very odd.

With a full mouth, Cordie added, "And I haven't seen Chris either. But I know he came home at some point. I saw his helmet in the garage."

Brendan pondered on it and shrugged, it would have to be something they asked Damon when they saw him.

Promptly, footsteps echoed from the stairs. The two turned their heads, expecting one of the other two members of V4 but, to their surprise, it was someone else. "Oh, look who it is," The male said, making his way towards her. "It's Damon's predator, Miss Wonder Girl herself."

Cordie stood up, setting down her red ice cream. "What brings you here? Damon's not here right now." Alaina opened her mouth, but before she could answer, their eyes moved towards her hands. "Oh! That hair clip, I picked that out for Damon last week," Cordie pointed.

Alaina handed the clip over to her. "Yeah, I came to return it actually."

"Now I'm really curious. What did Damon end up doing?" Brendan questioned.

"Wait, why don't you have some breakfast with us before you go," Cordie said, touching Alaina's arm. "I'd really like to have a chat." Cordelia's smile was friendly, inviting. Brendan nodded agreeingly, gesturing for her to take a seat.

Looking at the platter of untouched breakfast items, she let her stomach drive her decision to stay and entertained the idea to chat with the two. Might as well share the ridiculous story with someone, because she knew Damon would make them hear about his side of the story later, so she could beat him to it and clear any misunderstandings. So, Alaina began narrating the events from the previous day: the kidnapping, the makeover, the proposal of an apology in exchange for no Red Card and an insane amount of money, the hopeless argument. Her audience listened with peak interest.