𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟒: 𝐀 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

The airport was fairly empty this evening, few chose a flight on an ordinary Monday night

The airport was fairly empty this evening, few chose a flight on an ordinary Monday night. It was significant for the V4 however, it was when Victoria was to fly out and start her new life. She was a dear friend and an adored sister to them, the oldest sibling of the family, practically a mother figure to them. Her departure was bittersweet for all of them.

Even to Alaina. While it wasn't to the same degree, she respected Victoria and admired her company. Despite their short interaction, she practically knew Alaina through the stories Chris had told her. In turn, Alaina felt acquainted enough with Victoria after hearing so much about her from the V4 and getting to know her through their conversations. Disregarding the time, they were practically good friends.

Everything had been going so badly for her. Prank after prank with the Red Card harassment, it seemed like an endless series of unfortunate events. Then, starting with Victoria's party, things became better. Meeting her was the turning point. She made friends out of the V3, while Damon was a work in progress. But, she had Victoria to thank for everything that had happened since the party.

The V3—because Chris had chosen to be absent—along with Alaina, awaited Victoria's arrival at the airport.

Damon peered over at Alaina. "You're doing it again."

Alaina scowled. "What am I doing exactly?"

"It's what you're not doing. There's something on your mind and you're keeping it inside. Just as you always do." That he was right about. It'd taken a round of drinks to get her to be honest the last time. "Speaking without thinking of the consequences, that's more your style," he told her. Ironically, that's what had gotten her in this situation in the first place, what had left Chris infuriated with her.

"I-I'm not obligated to share everything on my mind," she responded defensively. Sure, she was known for her thoughtless outbursts towards Damon, but when it came to feelings and Chris, today was the only time she'd acted without thinking, and look where it had ended up.

Cordie raised her hand. "I have a question." Damon ignored her, but she went on anyway. "Let's say you like someone, a lot, and for their benefit you suppress all your feelings and avoid expressing any of your emotions. Do you think that's a good thing?" she asked.

Her gaze moved to Alaina, as the question was really for her in mind. Alaina shot Cordie a look, she did not want to be called out further by Damon. Brendan looked up curiously to check Damon's response.

"Good thing, like hell. That person is no different from a stranger. How is that you liking a person?" Damon answered, for once, his logic sounded, well, logical. "If the world was ending, I bet you'd die from frustration and regret before anything else." Brendan and Cordelia sat in a state of surprise, and Alaina was shocked, too.

"Damon, you may not be entirely stupid after all." Brendan laughed out.

"Are you just finding this out?" Damon scoffed. "My motto is rather than not doing anything and regretting it, it's just better to have regrets after doing something." That sounded much like what Alaina had said to Chris. Alaina smiled to herself, maybe she should start taking her own advice, considering, of all people, Damon was repeating it to her now.