𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟑: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

This day hadn't even begun and Alaina already regretted coming to this god forsaken academy

So far, the accumulation of events had created a fanbase that hated her and probably earned her a spot on the blacklist of the school's infamous bullies. She had gained one friend at the cost of gaining way more enemies. A part of her didn't mind it, it felt like something that was always bound to happen considering her nature. Nevertheless, she was intent on changing that, if she stayed out of things long enough, everything would go away.

Alaina had her first math and English classes, and some catching up to do already with her late entrance to the school. She had two heavy textbooks to take to her locker, and a list of assignments to get done in a week. When it came to academics, the school was very serious, at least they took their teaching more seriously than they took their bullying issue.

All the thoughts about bullies and the lack of anything being done about them was stressing her out. She pushed her concern to the side, she had to remind herself why she was here. She needed to get the grades and get out, not become a solution for the bullies. She had to focus on the important things, what was good, because those were what would get her through the school year that looked rough so far.

A friendly face had shown up in her math class, her cheerful friend had a free seat next to her, making it feel a little less lonely. It was such a relief to have Ellie in her class, having a friend, even if it was an hour of her day, it meant so much as a new student. The adjustment with moving to a new school always came with the barrier of handling a little loneliness for a period until you made some friends. Luckily, she had Ellie already.

Apart from math class, every class greeted her with hateful and rotten faces. Whispers circulated the room with a lot of not so subtle conversations pointing her out as the girl who'd interfered with Caleb's Red Card, whatever that was. The negative attention was not something Alaina wanted to make a habit of. She kept Ellie's advice in mind, prepared to follow it from this moment forward. All she had to do was keep her head low and stay away from any more interactions with the V4.

They had to move on from the topic by the end of the day, teenagers were simple minded, their focus shifting from one thing to the next if it was interesting. For now, Caleb and her rescue were the talk of the school. The moment Alaina stepped out of class for lunch, that's all the hallway chatter was going on about.

"Did you hear? Caleb has been taken to the hospital," a male student said.

"But he wasn't that hurt."

"He got beat up pretty badly and almost jumped, he was exhausted," another reminded. "They say he's planning to transfer out once he's recovered."

"He should learn to be more careful with his drinks. He lasted even shorter than I expected."

Everyone went on about the same thing, repeating the news to one another and shaming Caleb when he was the victim. All the praise and credit went to the V4, they were never the ones put in a bad spotlight. Not a single person was heard talking badly of the actual bullies, only about how Caleb was gone for good, and she had a decent idea of why.