𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟔: 𝐀 𝐋𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐲

Exiting the car, Cordie and Alaina headed indoors

Exiting the car, Cordie and Alaina headed indoors. "So, here we have the gear," She pointed to the collection of bows and arrows. "And there is the range, that's where the boys should be waiting for us." Up ahead was another door, through the glass there were rooms with rows of targets set at different distances. Cordie grabbed a bow for Alaina, handing it to her.

Alaina observed the bow, glancing back at Cordie. "What about you?"

She shook her head, "Oh no, I don't do archery. With the amount of manicures I get, I prefer to just watch." She held up her hand with freshly painted nails from earlier in that week, showing off the glossy red manicure. "That's not to say that I can't outdo the boys if I wanted to." They headed further into the building, walking down the hallway of rooms until they spotted the boys, they turned their attention upon seeing them arrive.

"Alaina, so glad you could make it." Brendan greeted hospitably.

Damon grumbled something to himself, acknowledging Alaina's presence but refusing to say anything. He wasn't prepared for her appearance, this was a V4 thing, and Alaina being here was an unnecessary hindrance, but he'd live. Chris was there too, sitting on a bench with a sketchbook in hand, he gave Alaina a warm smile and waved to her. Alaina shyly returned the wave, Chris once again occupied with sketching away on the page of his sketchbook. Damon huffed quietly, going back to aiming at the target with his own bow. Cordie joined Chris on the bench, gossiping about the latest news that was going around school. He wasn't very responsive, but she just needed a listening ear and acknowledgment.

Brendan beckoned Alaina over, taking her the bow in her hand and adjusting it to her figure. "So what you want to do is set these strings so the bow is at a height you're comfortable with. Are you left-handed or right-handed?" He asked in the middle of his instruction.

"Right." Alaina watched him fix the bow in a matter of seconds.

"Okay, then you have to put your left hand." He paused, guiding Alaina to stand across from a target, the one that was closest. He took a position behind her and held the bow in front of her. "May I?" With a quiet nod, she allowed him to take a hold of her left hand and set it correctly.

"You want your left hand here. And then your right hand," Brendan gently took her other hand, placing it where it needed to be. "You just want to practice pulling the string first and holding the arrow between these two fingers." With both his hands on each of Alaina's bare arms, he helped her properly aim.

Alaina blinked a couple times, surprised by the closeness. It wasn't new for Brendan, the ladies man loved his hands-on demonstrations, but it definitely caught her off guard. She anticipated some form of contact with his assistance, but this was a bit much.

Damon watched them out of the corner of his eye, his eyes on his target, but his mind was occupied by the unusual sight. Chris and Cordie noticed as well, Brendan was known to be flirty, however, this was over the top. Damon bit his lip, taking a rather deep breath and shooting his target, his arrow missed. In fact, it didn't hit the target at all, it landed on the ground next to the target. Cordie and Brendan stifled a laugh, Chris simply smiled and went back to his drawing. Alaina took notice too, pursing her lips to hide a smile.