𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏: 𝐅𝐨𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

Alaina's head was pounding against her skull as her eyes opened, she narrowed her eyes at the feeling

Alaina's head was pounding against her skull as her eyes opened, she narrowed her eyes at the feeling. The lights around her were blinding, making it increasingly difficult to look around. She pulled the comforter over her head, shielding her eyes from the light. She realized the goose down comforter and the spacious king-sized bed was not part of her bedroom.

Lowering the covers from her face, she turned to the left, her empty stomach rumbling. There was a tray of breakfast, French toast with eggs and bacon with a glass of orange juice. Sitting up, she peered past the curtains of the canopy bed. Across from her was Damon, legs crossed with a book up to his face. He calmly turned the page.

"You're finally awake," he spoke bluntly, quite the morning greeting.

Her gaze darted around the room, searching for something to give her an answer for why she was here instead of her own home. Everything was unfamiliar however, nothing seemed to trigger even a fragment of what happened last night. The good sign was that she was alone in the bed, so that ruled out anything questionable, hopefully. Although, looking down at the oversized silk pajamas that weren't her own, her eyes flickered to Damon with concern.

As if sensing her panic, he assured, "Before you yell at me, I had the maids help."

Alaina sighed a breath of relief. But that raised the question, why had she needed a change of clothes in the first place?

"If you're wondering how you ended up here, I brought you here after the trouble you caused last night." He lowered his book and looked at her blankly. "Do you remember?"

Between her stomach registering the smell of the food and the pain in her head, Alaina was having a hard time remembering. Her mind may have been fuzzy, but there was a gloomy feeling in her chest that told her there was definitely something to remember. It was coming back to her in pieces and the emptiness in her stomach was beginning to feel like more than hunger.

Damon snapped his fingers, his butler and a maid walking in with a suit in her hands. It was only the coat of the suit, expensive looking and familiar. "Designer Giorgio Armani was debuting this piece for his summer and spring Armani Collezioni. The suit arrived just two days ago from Emporio Armani in Italy. The price—" the butler recited, before Damon interrupted him.

"Don't tell her the price. Is your purpose to make her faint?" he chided, waving a hand for him to exit. "It's the suit I wore last night. I wore it for the first time, which also became my last. And now, thanks to someone, no one will even get to see the suit." His gaze was intense, his displeasure intended to elicit guilt. He waited a moment. "Do you remember now?"

Alaina was starting to get flashes of the events following school, her hands coming to her mouth as she gasped. "Oh god." Damon caught her eavesdropping on a heated conversation between Chris and Victoria. That wasn't the end of it. "Oh god." She had the bright idea to go on a drinking spree after Damon brought her to a bar. It only got worse from there. "Oh god." There was the suit with the stain of just where drowning her feelings had gotten her, she'd take spilling her feelings to a new level.