o n e

Chapter 1:
Valentina "Newman"

"AARGHH" I pant heavily as my step dad drags me on the ground. "You deserve it! You WHORE" he says as he kicks my stomach. I wince in pain. He proceeds to beat me to the point I am begging him to stop and yelling for help. Half way through the torture I realized he didn't close the blinds, I see our neighbor looking at me with pity on the phone, hopefully with 9-1-1 I mouth "help" to her. Signaling to call the police if she hasn't.

I was coughing up blood, my ribs hurt, my whole body hurts. I didn't do anything... but of course its my fault for everything even if I wasn't involved. Every day was torture. Every day I wish why he couldn't just kill me already.

He was about to throw a plate at me but the door barges open "POLICE HANDS UP" I see police officers swarming, outside I see cop cars blinding my eyes with the red and blue sirens. I see Marco (her stepdad) get on his knees and placed his hands behind his head. Before the officer came and handcuffed him and took him outside.

I soon heard an ambulance siren paramedics rushing to the scene. They quickly check my vitals and blood pressure. "She's severely underweight, she has brusies every where on her body. We need to get her to the hospital, she might have scarred her organs."

They entered with a gurney and picking me up so I could lie down. "sweetheart, can you show me where it hurts? I promise you I won't hurt you." I wasn't really scared or traumatized or well I don't think so..., I showed the paramedic my ribs and stomach, where he mostly hit me with the sole of his shoe. He would never touch me with his hands, he said and I quote "your too huge of a slut to even be recognized by men." That's what he said. I mean yes. He would touch me. But that was only when he was drunk. I hate the smell of alcohol.

I had a pretty high pain tolerance probably because from all the abuse but this one hurt like a bitch. "I think she broke some her ribs..." I looked at the paramedic in shock but I couldn't get up my whole body was aching. Including my stomach.

We reached the hospital and they rushed me to a room. And started examining me, they said I needed to do an x-ray which I didn't really care for. They x-rayed my ribs. They told me to wait for a few minutes and left the room. I was alone now, I didn't want to be alone. Lost in my thoughts I didn't realize the police officer entering "Valentina?" he says, I snapped out of my thoughts. "yea? Sorry..." I say not making eye contact. "It's okay, but unfortunately I have to ask what he did to you. It will be quick just a few questions. And we also need a DNA test, to see if you do have any family."

I nodded. He proceeds to ask me if he ever did anything else other than abuse me. I really didn't want to tell him but at the same time I had to right? "no."

LIE

he writes something down on his note pad. "What did he do?" I froze in place. The memories comes running back to me. He raped me when I was 12. 3 years ago. I'm tuning 15 this year. it was probably because he was drunk. I could smell the alcohol from his breath. I knew he had been drinking. He did it not once but three times. Recently too.

"Valentina?" the police officer says as he looks at me with pity. I was about to say something but the doctor came back with my scans, the damage was not that bad, 3 broken ribs. As long as I didn't do anything to make the injury worst. The doctor told me to rest and then left.

The officer came closer. "Valentina, I understand whatever happened to you might be something hard to talk about, but we need to know what he did to you so we can charge him. Take your time, I'll be right here." I nodded. It was really nice someone was there to help me go through whatever shit I'm going through right now.

I knew he doesn't have forever so I decided to just do it now. I mean who is he going to tell besides the judge or court or some shit? I take a deep shaky breath.

"He.. didn't do anything else. He was just really rude to me. Today he was just really mad. Nothing else. " I say shakily. No Valentina don't cry. Don't show your emotions. People will call you weak, just like Marco did.

Fuck Marco.

If I wanted to show my emotions I will. No nut sack will tell me what I should or shouldn't do. I'm free now. I can do whatever I want. No one is the boss of me. I am. (A/N ok Valentina low-key badass)

The officer nodded.

He nodded writing everything down on his note pad. I wondered what he was writing down there. "Okay I got everything. Now all we need to do is get your DNA sample okay? I'll call the nurse and social worker." The nice police officer says. He's really understanding and nice. I wish I had him as a father figure.

A few minutes later 2 people come in. One of them introduced themselves. "Hi Valentina. I'm Jules. Your social worker, this is doctor Rhodes. He is going to take a swab and blood draw okay? It's just protocol to see if you have any family to stay with, if you don't you will be staying at a foster home." Hearing foster home made me want to run,

I heard foster facilities are mean and abusive like Marco. Gosh Valentina stop thinking about Marco, jeez it's like you're obsessed with him Valentina. Wait am I? Am I crazy?

I was zoned out until I felt a pinch, it was the doctor taking my blood. It felt a bit weird. He then asked me to open my mouth and he took out a swab and started swabbing the inside of my mouth. He then put it in a test tube and told us to wait as he would take it to the lab

The social worker also left. I was all alone and I felt a bit drowsy and sleepy from everything that has been happening. So I fell asleep waiting for the results.

------- an hour later

"Valentina?" I felt someone shake me awake. My body automatic response was to flinch. I realized it was the social worker, Jules. "Are you okay?" she asked me in a worried tone. "Yes, I'm okay." I say as I lower my guard down.

She took out a clipboard. "Well good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?" she asks as she reads the papers on the clipboard. "Bad news" I say. The good news will soften the blow. I know it from experience.

"Bad news is, Marco isn't really your stepfather. He kidnapped you illegally from your real family. Who live in Italy. " I widened my eyes. Marco kidnapped me? What? No... it can't be... I was seperated from my real family. To live with someone who abused me as long as I can remember? This was even worse than all the abuse I went through. I only vividly remember my past besides from all the abuse.

"Good news is, they are willing to take you in! They seemed so happy and relieved they found you. They never stopped looking for you." She says with a warm smile on her face. "C-can you tell me more about my r-real f-family?" I ask her, tears blurring up my vision. "Well..." she says as she flips through the papers on her clipboard. "you have 8 siblings 6 boys and 2 girls!" I widened my eyes 8??? That would mean I'm the 9th right? MY PARENTS HAD 9 CHILDREN? Oh my gosh.

"I know shocking right?" Jules said chuckling, it's like she could read my mind. "They are going to pick you up tomorrow." Tomorrow? But they live in Italy. Oh well. Maybe their rich? Let's just hope so..

A/N

OMGGG my first chapter!! There's more dw. The next chapter are on her family's pov. But just so you know they do not know what happened to her.

Anyways hope u liked itttt 😁😁💗💗

Word count: 1485