f i v e

Valentina Romano

"YOU STRONZO, I TOLD YOU TO BEHAVE YOURSELF. THOSE WERE MY CLIENTS. NOW THEY THINK YOU'RE SOME WHORE YOU DIRTY SLUT!" Marco yells at me as he shatters glasses and plates as he struts over to me and I try backing up before hitting a wall.

he bends down as I shut my eyes. "You want to be treated fairly? fine." His breath smells like alcohol. I hear his pants unzip and he rips my dress apart. The dress he made me wear to impress his clients. "this is what you get you slut." he says. Before he does anything he takes out a dagger out of his pants. "you scream, talk, or even make a noise.

You're dead."

the words repeating in my head as he finally entered. Tears streaming from my eyes as I wouldn't dare to even say anything or a single noise. My eyes are still shut. Not daring to look at him stripping my innocence and purity away from me. why me? why me...

I just wanted to be like any other kid. I just want to be free. I want to have a loving family. I'm just 13.

Just 13.

I tried to beg him to stop. I feel the dagger going deeper into my throat. he finally finishes and loosens his grip against the dagger. "see wasn't that bad. You probably enjoyed it." as he drops the dagger. He leaves into his study slamming the door. I used my remaining energy to drag myself to my room as I curled up on my bed bringing my legs up to my chest as I feel guilt swarming over how I feel.

Why was I the one who had to endure this torture? I have been living in this hell hole for my whole life... I just want to..

"VALENTINA?"

"VALENTINA, SORELINA WAKE UP"

I heard someone scream my name. I woke up. It was just a dream. Thank god.

I woke up, tears were streaming down my face. My blurry vision finally clears up. Alessandro, Bianca and Elena were in front of me with worried faces plastered on their faces.

"w-what happend?"

i ask them, clearly barely remembering anything. "well, we were going to wake you up since we landed but you started crying and started curling up in your seat before you woke up. Are you okay? " Elena says. she seemed the worried. I mean I would be too.

I wipe the tears off. "yea I'm fine. Come one let's go." I say normally pretending like I wasn't just crying mere seconds ago. i Unbuckled my seat belt as everyone looks at me with shocked faces. I stood up and grabbed my small bag and walked out as everyone followed me.

-----

I was zoning out in the car as we are heading home. Weird. Home.. I was still zoning out in my own thoughts as I see a fancy Iron gate in front of us as the driver, David stops the car. He gives the security guard stationed in front of the gate a glance as he opens the gate to reveal a huge mansio- estate. With a fountain of an angel in a towel or bath robe holding a bowl shooting water out of it. I was completely mesmerized by it.

Marco was also rich. I don't know for what to be honest but rich. But this estate makes him look like his house was just a tent compared to it. And I'm not exaggerating. the car comes to a halt as everyone gets out of the car. A big Dark wooden door stands in front of my. the door slowly opens.

I see everyone else pull up but I don't really care since I was so distracted by the interior of the house. It screamed old money, It was elegant yet modern the same time. There was a giant staircase splitting into two making the center of the staircase look like an indoor balcony. The floor was marble. Giant doors everywhere.