t w e n t y - f o u r

V A L E N T I N A:

Hello?

Her voice echoes through the speakers. Listening to her voice. Is this... Is this really her? It can't be.

"Bianca?"

"VAL! HEL-" The phone cuts off.

I gasp, in need of oxygen. My face covered in sweat. And I'm still in my school uniform.. I must have taken a nap. Was that birthday invitation even real? What about the surprise? My head hurts just thinking about it.

As I try to calm myself down.. I feel uneasy. What if Bianca is really alive? But she died, right in front of my eyes. I saw her.

I tried to ignore it and sat down on the edge of my bed for a minute before taking a shower.

I bring my phone with me to play some music. I checked the time. 6:04 p.m., the time illuminates from my phone. I slept for 3 hours.

I turn on the shower as I undress. I took a look at my scars, and they were healing properly. Thank you.

I step into the shower, closing the glass door. The warm water made me feel relaxed. And loose.

I grab my new vanilla scented body soap, and gosh, I'm so in love with this scent.

I finish showering, and my hair smells like vanilla, and I love it so much. Oh my guacamole.

I wash my face with a cleanser and put on my clothes, which consisted of a wide neck sweater and sweatpants.

It's almost dinner time, so I grab my phone and head downstairs. Walking out, I see... something...odd.

"PUSH!" Eli yells with his hands up as he rolls down the stairs. He rolls down with little whimpers. Alex was the one pushing him, ouch.

"Gosh darn it, Eli." I scold him, but he doesn't listen and keeps rolling down. I feel like this is another dream. But it's really just typical Elio.

He finally stops once he reaches the ground and faceplants onto the floor. Is he high? On drugs? And then, my nose picks up a smell. MASHED POTATOES!

I sprint toward the dinner table. Reaching the dining room, then beautiful aroma of the food fills the whole room. And about to fill my starving stomach. I see the mashed potatoes being served with gravy. The best combo.

"Your favorite bambina," Dad says as he smiles at me. I quickly rush to my seat, and i rush others to sit down too so I can eat my mashed potatoes.

"Is valentina okay?" Rocco asks Lorenzo. "She's never okay.." Lorenzo replies. Hearing this conversation, i roll my eyes, still shoving my mouth full of mashed potatoes.

While I was enjoying my mashed potatoes, I was interrupted by my phone ringing. Xavier. Ugh.

"Sorry, I have to take this, it's, uh-uhm school matters." Everyone gives me a weird look as Elena and mom try to defend me, knowing it is not... school matters.

I rush up to my room, locking the door and going to my closet so no one can hear me. I know my family. They like snooping around. But I wouldn't judge. I mean, I like snooping too.