t w o

Chapter 2: Stefano Romano

I was in my office working with my son's and one of my daughters. "Bianca what did the Russian Mafia say about the deal?" I ask just remembering the deal we had with the Russian Mafia earlier.

"They haven't responded yet father, give them a day or two I say. If they don't respond I say we go there with the rest." I nod at her response. She was the brains of the family. She is very smart. I am very happy to have her as my daughter.

But I would really would love to have my other daughter back. Valentina.

She has been missing ever since she turned 4. The worst part was, she was kidnapped on her birthday. By some hot heads we refused a deal from.

We refused the deal because they refused to give us more even though it wasn't even. They refused to make it fair so we refused. I'm not sure if they did take her. But if they did....

Mark my words I will find them and torture them for laying a finger on my sweet angel who I would do anything for. Even if I had to die for her I would.

I was deep in my thoughts when I see my phone vibrating. I pick it up.

*Call with social worker Jules*
(- (Stefano) ✓(Jules)---)

-hello?

✓- is this Stefano Romano? I'm Jules.

-yes this is.. how did you get this number?

✓- well I am a social worker. And we just found your daughter. Valentina.

As soon as I heard her name I quickly stood from my chair almost stumbling "dad are you okay?" My eldest son Lorenzo asks me as my other son Rocco and Bianca Stand up. I place my hand over the phone so the social worker wouldn't hear me. "They found her. Valentina." I say tears stinging in my eyes. Not sad tears. Happy tears.

I always told myself to never cry. But I made an exception. It's my angel. It's my daughter. Valentina who I missed so dearly, and who I loved so fondly.

Lorenzo ran out of the room calling everyone out of their rooms. I went back to talking to the social worker as I gather myself together.

-Hello? Sorry I'm back.

✓- yes, It's okay. You live in Italy right? Well she is currently in Vancouver. You cannot pick her up today considering the fact that from Italy to Vancouver it takes 15 hours. And the fact she has to be hospitalized today.

HOSPITALIZED? WHAT?

-HOSPITALIZED?

I yell. My son's and daughters barge in "DAD COME ON LETS GO" they say with their coats on. I raise my hand up gesturing them to shut their loud ass mouths up.

-HOW DID SHE END UP IN THE HOSPITAL?

I say. At the corner of my eye I see my children faces go from the 'hurry the hell up we can't wait anymore' to 'i just saw a dead body that just been dismembered" faces. I see my wife's face too at the back.

I place my phone on the desk and on speaker so the they can hear.

✓- she is in a really bad condition. She's severely underweight. And she has broken ribs. And a lot of bruises.

What the fuck did that piece of shit do to my bambina.

-okay... Umm.. okay we'll head on the plane now. We will pick her up tommorow.

✓- great, but please make sure to take care of her. Make sure she eats well and we will do a man-

I hang up. Ugh she's annoying