t w e n t y - o n e

V A L E N T I N A:

It's been a week since Bianca was shot. And murdered.

I watched the sunset on the rooftop. Yes, rooftop.  It reminded me of her. She mentioned it to me one time. I asked her what she would wanted to be if she wasn't apart of the mafia. She paused for a minute. Her brown eyes staring into the sky as she hums.

She answered and said "I would... want to be, an astronomer.  I love stars. They fascinate me. History, stars, planets, the solar system.... It's so fascinating and phenomenal." she continued to rant about it. But instead I watched her talk about her hopes and dreams she would never got to try.

Thinking about this made me really want to cry.

"Hey.." I hear a voice call out from behind me. It was Ares.

"I haven't seen you in school for a long time. I thought I wanted to check on you.. " he says as he sits down next to me.

"Yeah... I'm doing better now, it's been, really hard. Like really. Everything reminds me of her. Even the sunset. Especially the sunset." I say staring into the pink, orange sky.

"Azalea and Michelle are worried about you." He looks at me. I can see him look at me from the corner of my eye. His dimple slightly showing.

"The guys too.." he says before he looks at the sunset. Ares has always been kind of quiet. Although because life had been rustling and bustling for the past few months, we never got to talk much. He's a really nice guy.

"Yeah.. I'm coming back next week. I missed too much. I haven't told my father yet. I think just throwing myself into school will help." I say breathing in deeply.

"Ares?" I ask him "Yeah?" He responds. "How long have you known Sandro and Alex?" I geniunely ask. "I've known both of them since first grade. I'm more closer to Alex though. Sandro is more closer to Rian. But were still really good friends." He says. The sky now turning darker.

"You know sometimes you remind me of Sandro. Whenever he's in a stressful situation he just throws himself into more work. It's a really bad habit he has. And it gets out of hand sometimes." he sighs. "you shouldn't throw yourself into more work, it's really unhealthy."  he warns me.