43 - Making Progress

---------------

Hi guys! Hope you enjoy ^^

---------------
The next day Shoto made his way to the hospital, Y/N by his side.

Though he was a bundle of nerves, he felt a little calmer having Y/N next to him. She'd been talking his ear off non-stop on the way there, trying to keep him distracted and relaxed, and he appreciated her efforts.

When they actually went into the hospital, they walked in silence, but it wasn't an uncomfortable one. Y/N knew Shoto must be thinking long and hard about everything with his mother, and it had to be painful, so she gave him some space.

As they got to the waiting room, Shouto spoke softly.

"Ever since that day... I thought my presence would put pressure on mom... so I never went to see her. I'm sure she continues to be bound by me... by dad... but to become a hero... to let go of everything... there's so much I need to tell her..."

"I know, Sho. This will be as good for you as for her. I know it," she gave him a small but encouraging smile. "You can do it Shou-chan. And I'll be waiting for you right here, if you need anything from me."

"Thank you Y/N," he said, his voice laced with both nerves and gratitude, "I'm sorry I made you come with me - I'm not sure how long I'll be - if you want you don't have to stay here waiting for me? There's a boba place like a block down, or you can simply head back home-"

"It's okay, Shou-chan. Take your time. I want to be here just in case you need me," she reached into her bag and pulled out a book and some headphones, "and besides, I came prepared. Take all the time you need, I mean it. I'll wait all afternoon if I have to, okay?"

Shouto gave her a thankful smile, "Y/N, I-" he was at a loss for words. The fact that she was here, so supportive and understanding, meant the world to him, and he didn't even know where to begin.

"Don't even worry about me, okay? Just... make the most of your time with her. And if you can... please send her my best wishes okay? She was... she was like a mum to me too..."

Shouto's eyes softened, "I will, Y/N. Thank you."

As he made his way to his mother's room, Y/N felt nervous for him, but she tried to relax as she waited for him, engrossing herself in a book.

A few hours passed before Shouto eventually made his way out. He felt a sense of relief and peace wash over him. He knew that his journey towards healing was far from over, but he had taken the first step, and that gave him hope.

"Shou-chan," she said softly as she made her way to meet him, "You okay? How was it?"

Shouto looked at Y/N, his eyes reflecting a mix of emotions—relief, sadness, and a hint of newfound peace. "It was... difficult," he admitted, "but also necessary. I told her everything—the pain, the fear, and also the hope for a better future."

Y/N gave him a reassuring smile, "I'm proud of you, Sho. I can't imagine how hard that must have been, but facing your past and talking to your mom is an important step towards healing."

He nodded, appreciating her understanding and support. "Thank you for being here with me," he said, his voice filled with sincerity. "I don't know how I would have managed without you."

She gently squeezed his hand, "You don't have to thank me, Shou-chan. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

As they made their way out, Shouto felt a mix of emotions—a sense of gratitude for Y/N's unwavering support and care, and happiness to have her there with him.

"I'm going to be visiting her more often from now on," he said softly. "She actually wants me to keep coming back." His voice held a sense of wonder.

"Of course she does, Shou-chan. She loves you," Y/N said, resisting the urge to bring him into her arms.