11 - Explosive Argument

A few weeks after their conversation about (Y/N)'s quirk, (Y/N) and Bakugou stopped to get some noodles on the way home, and (Y/N) was finally not able to reel in her curiosity.

She noticed that now, Bakugou, though still a major prick in her books, had actually become someone that she enjoyed being around. They spoke more freely since then, and she could easily say that she liked that. Bakugou was hard-headed, but he was passionate, smart and ambitious, and talking to him and being around him had actually become something she looked forward to.

And for some reason, she...sort of hoped he felt the same.

"So, short fuse," (Y/N) said, causing Bakugou to look up from his bowl, "why?"

Unfortunately for her, at that moment, Bakugou had also been thinking about it. Why was he spending more time than necessary with (L/N)? And when exactly had he stopped questioning it and began actually enjoying it?

The answers he came up with were unsatisfactory and made him feel more irritated, his annoyance increasing tenfold as he failed to understand his own motives.

"Why what?" he snapped impatiently, tightening his grip on his chopsticks.

"Why are you doing this? I was under the impression that you were extremely reluctant to start training with me." (Y/N) was so lost in her thoughts, her recollection of her time with Bakugou, that she failed to notice he way his eyes narrowed and his form slowly tensed, "but now you even walk home with me, eat with me and I think that -"

Before she could finish her sentence, Bakugou stood up so fast that he sent his chair clattering to the ground.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAMN FREAK?! YOU SHOULD BE FUCKING THANKFUL I'M EVEN ALLOWING YOUR WORTHLESS PRESENCE NEAR ME, SO DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE THINK THIS MEANS ANYTHING!"

At that point, everyone in the restaurant was staring at them as Bakugou grabbed his backpack and stormed out without giving (Y/N) a chance to respond.

(Y/N)'s heart was racing, his aggravation taking her aback. Obviously she had expected that he would get riled up, but not to that level...

After all, after their talk about (Y/N)'S quirk, (Y/N) had actually begun considering him a kind of friend. He was definitely easier to talk to now thaN he used to be, and so she didn't quite expect this kind of reaction.

All eyes still on her, she stood up, slammed some money to cover their meals on the table, grabbed her bag and ran after Bakugou.

She spotted him taking a turn at the end of the road and rushed towards him.

"Bakugou! Hey!" she watched him stiffen, then speed up, "hey! Stop running dammit!"

Her voice raised with anger as she surpassed him and stopped in front of him, blocking his path.

"Move. Now." He growled lowly, not raising his head to meet her eyes.

"No. No way. Why did you say those things back there? What the fuck is your problem?!" he kept his eyes on the road, and she found herself getting more and more angry. "I've done nothing but try my best to be as nice as I can to you, considering your winning personality! And as far as training goes, it's been going pretty well, so don't you dare tell me that I'm below you! If that were true, you would have just stopped seeing me after the first time!"

"Shut the fuck up!" he snarled, making her take a startled step back, "stop acting like the world revolves around you, princess. You think I care about you? I fucking don't. Walking with you, eating with you, it's just fucking efficient, nothing more. I don't even enjoy your shitty presence, and I sure as hell don't want you thinking that I-"