Character Quirk

File: (L/N) (Y/N) 

Age: 15

Quirk: Otherworldly manipulation (from father) and Shadow manipulation (from mother).

· Necromancy: User can summon and manipulate the dead and souls, as well as communicate with them.

· Manipulation of Dead Bodies/Reanimation:

· User can animate corpses and dead beings, can use them as "puppets" or give them simple orders to carry out.

· They are under the user's control, but because the corpses are mindless, they have to be carefully monitored.

o Limitations:

o The undead may turn against the use or may become uncontrollable and dangerous.

o Summoning requires user's blood.

o Limited amount of corpses she can animate and control at once.

o Can only be active for a limited time, is very draining.

o Reanimation Negation – process that nullifies the process of reanimation, preventing the dead from becoming zombies and maintaining their deaths.

· Manipulation of Souls/ Soul summoning:

· User can summon spirits to talk or serve the user by receiving spiritual assistance/absorbing souls to enhance their powers and attacks, or to create shields.

· With practice, user may be able to also manipulate the souls of living beings, bringing them under their thrall, absorbing their souls or killing them by tearing out their soul entirely. Souls that have already passed away aren't affected. User does this by touch, requires concentration.

· If used on living people, since she is absorbing a person's spiritual essence, this can cause her to absorb their quirks temporarily.

o Limitations:

o If a soul doesn't want to be summoned, they might resist the summoning.

o Summoned souls have a mind of their own.

o Limited by how many souls she can absorb.

o 'Stealing' a person's quirk can be fatal for the person.

o Shield has a limit for what it can absorb depending on its strength.

· General necromancy limits:

· Weak against Animancy and Life-Based powers.

· Filth Manipulation may be used against this power.

· Other Powers:

· Death empowerment:

· User become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by the deaths of others, unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers.

· Sensitivity to Death:

· User is able to read the mortality of others through an aura, which flickers when someone is close to death.

· User able to sense the passing of others during or immediately prior to their deaths, which she perceives as a ringing in her ears.

· Darkness/Shadow manipulation:

· User can shape and manipulate darkness and shadows.

· Darkness can be converted into solid substances (darkness solidification) – can create beings/weapons out of it (animation of darkness) – usually creates tentacles/tendrils/threads to attack/bind.

· Shadow Marionette – use a person's shadow to control them.

o Limitations:

o Unable to create darkness/shadow, limited to manipulating only from already existing sources.

o Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user.

o Light Manipulation and Light Generation are effective against this power, but darkness can overpower light as well.

· Shadow Travel:

· User is able to travel through shadows herself as a form of teleportation.

o Limitation:

o Shadow-traveling across great distances tires her considerably and overusing it will cause her body's molecular structure to fall apart at the molecular level and kill her.

So, just a bit of background. (Y/N)'s father is a pro hero who works at the same agency as Endeavour. However, because of the issue of using necromancy to manipulate people's dead bodies for combat (especially victims), Reo doesn't do much fieldwork and instead uses his quirk to communicate with souls and looking over bodies of victims to find traces of runaway villains, which Endeavor then apprehends.

It should be noted that Reo is able to use his quirk to manipulate bodies only in a state of emergency where it could save civilians, but not only for combat alone. Plus, since it is a hero's job to ensure there are no casualties or a few casualties as possible, it's not always possible to manipulate dead bodies anyway. Also notably, whilst it is frowned upon using victims' bodies for combat, even when it can save more people, a lot of people don't have an issue with the use of dead villain's bodies for combat.

So this is the main character's quirk! It's quite a lot and the quirk is basically inspired by Shikamaru's quirk in Naruto and a bit of Nico from Percy Jackson. The main character in this story will mostly use the shadow quirk to fight, as well as use her power with souls to boost her power, so the actual necromancy will (probably?) be saved for later.

A lot of the info used here I got from the wiki pages for necromancy and Nico's page, and made some small changes or took away/added some powers.

And that's it! Next chapter should be up soon.