44 - Internship Announcement

-------------

Hi guys! Honestly this chapter is mostly filler really as we go into the internship bit.

-------------

The atmosphere in the classroom was filled with a mix of excitement and relief after the intense Sports Festival. The students were back together, chatting about all the news coverage and how they were getting recognized on the street.

"That's amazing! You guys totally deserve the recognition. Your performances were incredible," Y/N told Mina, Kaminari, Kirishima, and Sero.

Kaminari scratched the back of his head with a sheepish grin. "Aw, thanks, Y/N. You know, I couldn't have done it without your support and encouragement. You were cheering for me the loudest, right?"

Y/N chuckled, pretty much used to Kaminari's shameless flirting by now. "Oh, absolutely," she replied with a playful wink. "I had my own personal cheerleading routine just for you."

Kaminari's eyes grew wide, a flush rising in his cheeks as he no doubt imagined Y/N dressed up as a cheerleader, doing a routine specially for him.

"Wow, Kaminari, you're lucky to have such a dedicated fan," Sero teased, elbowing his friend lightly.

Kaminari grinned, leaning closer to Y/N. "Well, you know what they say, I'm just full of electrifying charm, too much to handle."

Y/N leaned in closer, a sly grin on her lips, as if she was about to share a scandalous secret. Her voice was low and playful, and she made sure to maintain eye contact.

"Oh, trust me, Kami," she whispered, her tone dripping with playful charm, "I can handle all that electricity. After all, I've got some pretty shocking moves of my own."

Kaminari's cheeks turned an even deeper shade of red as he tried to process her response. His mouth opened and closed a few times, but no words came out as he struggled to find a suitable comeback.

Y/N's couldn't help but giggle as she moved away from him. "Relax, Kami," she said, patting his shoulder with a wink, "I'm just kidding."

Mina giggled, patting Kaminari on the back as Sero and Kirishima laughed. "You walked right into that one, Sparky."

Just then, the classroom door slammed open, and everyone turned to see Bakugou entering the room. The atmosphere seemed to shift, a mix of tension in the air from Bakugou's murderous aura.

Of course. He was still livid.

Y/N's heart skipped a beat as she caught sight of him, memories of their argument at the Sports Festival flooding back.

Bakugou's eyes scanned the room, and for a moment, they locked with Y/N's. His expression was unreadable, but he quickly looked away, choosing to ignore her presence as he made his way to his seat. Y/N felt a pang of hurt and disappointment.

"Yo, Bakugou! You missed all the fun," Kirishima called out cheerfully, trying to ease the awkwardness in the room, but Bakugou ignored him.

Mina quickly started talking about how she was recognized on the way to school in the morning, trying to get the mood back to normal, and after a little while Aizawa came in.

Everyone took their respective seats, and Aizawa told them they would be choosing their hero names.

Then, as he showed them the offers people in the class had gotten, Y/N's eyes widened when she saw that Bakugou was below Shouto.

Shit. I don't think he'll be calming down any time soon.

Then Aizawa told her they'd be interning with pro heroes, and Y/N's breath hitched. They were actually going to do fieldwork?