26 - Shouto and Bakugou's Clash

This is going back to the moment where Bakugou and Kirishima walked off with (Y/N), and Shouto was left behind. Enjoy!

Shouto was forced to watch as Bakugou walked off with (Y/N) in his arms, rendered immobile by shock and guilt, the weight of Bakugou's words echoing in his mind, haunting him with doubt and self-loathing.

"Because you've done such a fucking magnificent job so far, haven't you?"

Each word was like a dagger to his conscience, reminding him of the night he hurt her. Shouto tried to forcefully shove those thoughts away as he headed for the bus, positive that Bakugou and Kirishima would ensure (Y/N) was taken care of. 

But his mind just wouldn't cooperate as his head filled with more intrusive thoughts.

I know I've failed (Y/N) so far... but that's why I'm doing everything I can now to protect her, and keep her away from the pain that I carry. 

Bakugou was right, of course he is. But... he's not any better.

Is he?

He shook his head. He can't be. I don't know exactly how they know each other or what their relationship is, but he's an extremely rude and volatile guy. There is no way that he and (Y/N) could actually be good friends... (Y/N) doesn't put up with people like that. So why?

There's no way that he could have taken better care of her than me, is there?

And...

Did he know? Did (Y/N) tell him about what happened? It has been what Bakugou wanted to say, right?

But... unless they really were close, she wouldn't have told him-

He was snapped out of his thoughts as he realised he had reached the bus and was now swarmed with classmates, all asking him about the battle and asking if he was okay. He gave robotic, short answers and headed for the back, wanting to be alone. They must have gotten the message because after realising he was alright and didn't want to talk, they left him to his own devices.

He was just beginning to get absorbed in his thoughts again before he spotted Bakugou's form getting closer to the bus. Shouto felt conflicting emotions when he saw him. On the one hand, Shouto intensely disliked the explosive blond, both because of his unpleasant demeanor and his troubling relationship with (Y/N). But on the other, if he was back, that meant (Y/N) was safe and with him, so that was a plus, and that thought made him relax slightly. 

... or so he thought, until he looked around Bakugou and realised he was alone. Where is (Y/N)?

With (Y/N)'s absence, Shouto was filled with irrational anger and another emotion he couldn't name as he looked at Bakugou. Without another thought, Shouto approached him with purpose until his cold heterochromatic eyes meet angry red ones.

"The fuck do you want, half n half bastard," Bakugou snarled, tensing sharply, ready for a fight.

Shouto's rage intensified, and he began to speak sharply, his tone curt, "where's -"

Bakugou turned away dismissively, interrupting, "Kirishima probably took her to recovery girl, now –"

"You left (Y/N)?" Shouto interjected loudly, his eyes now reflecting his seething fury.

"She'll be fine, you fucking shithead, I saw Recovery Girl was here and her concussion should be easily healed. Now fuck off. I don't owe you a fucking explanation."

Shouto narrowed his eyes, a mix of anger and accusation directed at Bakugou, "so why did you not take her there yourself? What, is she not important enough for you to stay right by her side when she's hurt?"