18 - New Friends at UA

(Y/N) caught Izuku coming out of the infirmary.

"Izuku-chan!"

He turned at her voice, warm smile on his face. "(Y/N)-chan! Is everything okay?"

"Kind of? Well, as okay as they can be when it comes to Bakugou."

He looked at her worriedly.

"It's fine, Izuku-chan. What about you?" she reached for his hand and found his finger was healed. A frown came onto her face.

"What's wrong, (Y/N)-chan?"

"I didn't say anything back then, but at the entrance exam, you broke a lot of bones," Izuku grimaced but she continued, "and now, you've broken a finger. It's progress, sure, but is it really a good thing if your quirk keeps hurting you?"

"(Y/N)," Izuku paused, "I'm sorry for worrying you."

"It's not about me, Izuku, it's about your-"

"I know, I know (Y/N). But well, you know, with the quirk developing late-" his eyes shifted away, and (Y/N) fought the urge to roll her eyes at the obvious way he was lying, "you know, I still need a bit of time to develop it and get used to it. But I'll master it."

She eyed him for a few moments, then sighed, "I'm not stupid, Izuku-chan. I know there's something you're not telling me." He opened his mouth to protest but she shook her head, "I understand, there's something that you don't want me to know. I won't ask if you won't tell, but only if you promise to be careful, Izuku. I'll always help you and be there is you need me, okay?"

Izuku smiled at her thankfully, "I know, (Y/N)-chan..." he pushed for a minute, then said with one of the brightest smiles and a soft blush, "I'm so happy I have a friend like you, (Y/N)!"

She felt herself blush happily, and smiled back at him, "that's my line, Sunshine boi."

On the way out, Iida approached them, already waving his hands frantically. He quickly greeted (Y/N) and Izuku, then proceeded to talk about the entrance exam and Izuku's amazing feats. (Y/N) listened but her mind was already drifting to so many different places.

She saw Shouto today. She was so happy to see they were in the same class, hoping this would once again give them the opportunity to be friends again.

In the past, (Y/N) was too hurt and afraid of what could happen to them that she ended up running away from her feelings because she thought that space would be good for them. But they had had enough space, hadn't they? Would she finally be able to convince Shouto that they were still friends?

And Bakugou. In reality, she was much more upset about the events that unfolded today than she let on. Since the sludge villain accident and since he started training with (Y/N), Bakugou hadn't bothered Izuku much, so stupidly, (Y/N) pushed away the thoughts about the dark, hateful look he got in his eyes whenever Izuku was involved. Seeing it again today brought back ugly feelings and thoughts, and she'd rather not think about them.

After all, she thought of Bakugou as her friend for sure, but she had only considered him a friend after they began training and getting to know each other a little, when he stayed away from Izuku. Could she really stay by his side if he was so hateful towards Izuku? (Y/N) loved Izuku, and would do anything to protect him and make him happy, so today's reminder that Izuku's happiness and Bakugou's satisfaction were mutually exclusive didn't bode well.

She was shaken out of her thoughts when she watched the cute girl, Uraraka, approach them, looking every bit as cheerful as she remembered.

"Hiiii!" she cried, waving her arms in greeting.

"Oh, you're the infinity girl," said Iida.

"Yes! And you're...Iida Tenya-kun, um, (L/N) (Y/N)-chan, and you're Midoriya Deku-kun!" she replied excitedly.

"Deku!" Izuku gasped, looking embarrassed.

"Yes, that's what that angry Bakugou guy called you right?"

There was a moment of silence as they all had horrifying flashbacks of Bakugou yelling "DEKU YOU BASTARD!" with his murderous look.

"Oh, um, that's not really my name, that's just what Kacchan calls me to make fun of me..."

"But I like it! It sounds like 'you can do it'!" she replied with a big, sweet smile.

(Y/N) predicted what Izuku was going to say a second before he said it.

"I'm Deku!" Izuku loudly blurted, causing Iida to fuss over him and (Y/N) to snort as Izuku buried his blushing face in his hands.

All four of them walked off school together. (Y/N) looked over at Uraraka and Iida, who seemed to be having fun talking to Izuku.

Izuku, these two have already seen how incredible you are. She found herself smiling. I'm so happy for you.

"Eh, (L/N)-kun, why are you smiling?" Iida questioned, looking at her curiously.

(Y/N) laughed, "nothing! Just happy is all. Being here at UA is my dream, and I managed to get in along with my friends!" she was in the same class as Izuku, Bakugou and Shouto after all! "And the people in our seem seem awesome! What's there not to smile about?"

"Friends?" Uraraka questioned.

"(Y/N), Kacchan and I come from the same school," Izuku replied.

"Wait, you're friends with Bakugou-kun?" Uraka questioned again, sounding incredulous, "I thought for sure he was going to kill you and Deku-kun during the test today!"

"It's true," Iida said pensively, "I mean, what you both said. (L/N)-kun and Bakugou-kun seemed to be on, er somewhat friendly terms this morning, but he really did look as though he was going to kill you both."

(Y/N) laughed, a bit uncomfortable, "Er, yes, I mean, we're kind of friends? I mean, I do consider him my friend but I'm sure if you asked him about it he would first blow you to smithereens then absolutely deny it. He's hard-headed that way."

Iida frowned "but, after seeing him for only a day, I can see he, no offence" he gestured at Izuku, "he hates Midoriya-kun. You're also friends with Midoriya-kun?"

At that she looked away, "well, yes. It's a mess, honestly, but I care about them both. Sorry again about his behaviour today by the way, but really, I'm sorry to say this... but you're going to have to get used to that from him."

She stared at Iida, "look, I know Bakugou is a lot, and I'm not going to defend his shitty actions, but really, deep down... like really deep deep deep deep deep..."

"...yes?" asked Iida

"...deep down, he's really not a bad guy. You'll get to know him, now that you're classmates though, so I guess you'll find out for yourself!"

Iida and Uraraka both looked terrified for a moment, before Uraraka laughed loudly, clearly trying to dispel the tension, "well, we're here to become heroes, right! The first thing to overcome will be Bakugou-kun's temper! PLUS ULTRA!"

"PLUS ULTRA!" they all repeated, laughing amusedly. They really would need all the patience and luck in the world to deal with Bakugou at UA.

Ahhh y'all are so awesome!! I read every single one of your comments and they all make me sooooo freaking happy! Thank you all for reading for supporting my story. The next few chapters are already written and only need to be edited so I'll continue to post daily for the next few days =)