29 - All Might Visit, Going Home

I published Chapter 28 as well, but for some reason the notifications didn't work and it wasn't posted on my activity either! Go back and read that one first if you haven't already 😊

"Izuku-chan!" (Y/N) exclaimed as she came through the door and saw him lying down in the bed, all bandaged, his eyes kind but tired as he turned to her

"(Y/N)-chan!" he exclaimed back happily as she came to edge of the bed, wanting desperately to give him a hug but being weary of all the bandages. She settled for holding his hands in hers tightly, rubbing soothing circles on his knuckles.

"Izuku..." she murmured as she took in his state slowly, so focused on him that she didn't notice the figure at the corner of the room, "I'm so glad you're okay! How do you feel?"

"I'm feeling fine, (Y/N)-chan... I'm so sorry I worried you," he said sincerely, and but she shook head at him before he finished his sentence.

"Worry about yourself, dummy," she took one of her hands back and ran her fingers through his hair gently, "breaking yourself over and over again isn't good for you, Izuku."

"I know, (Y/N)-chan, I know," he looked down at their clasped hands, "I'll get stronger, I promise."

She smiled fondly as she ruffled his hair gently one more time. "I know you will, sunshine."

Suddenly, she was startled by the sound of someone clearing their throat. She jumped up and turned around, only to come face to face with the same All Might she had seen at the end of the battle.

"All Might!" she exclaimed. He looked battered and tired, but otherwise okay. Different than she was used to, obviously, but he was still All Might. She could feel it.

"Young (L/N)," he nodded at her, coming closer and sitting down again on the chair opposite her. "I'm happy to see you were okay. No injuries sustained?"

"Um, only a mild concussion, but I was healed really quickly! It's all thanks to you, you saved all of us back there. Thank you so much for taking care of us," she said sincerely, hoping that her genuine feelings would reach him in such short words.

He shot her a smile, and she found herself relaxing slightly. The fight was over, and everyone was alive. Because of him, and the rest of the teachers. They were safe because of him.

"Let's address the elephant in the room then, shall we," he said abruptly, and she noticed the way his hands were clenched together tightly.

"I meant what I said back there, you know. I'm not going to tell anyone, if you're worried about it," she repeated.

"I know, Young (L/N), at least, I hope so," he replied, giving her another more genuine smile, "but... I regret having to burden you with such a secret."

She frowned, then shook her head, "it's no problem at all, All Might, really. But... I can't help being curious..." she trailed off, not sure if she could ask but desperately wanting to.

"Of course you are, it's only natural," he replied kindly, "you deserve an explanation if you're going to keep this secret. Young Midoriya and I will fill you in."

And so, for the next few minutes, All Might and Izuku told her all about how they had met, and about All Might's changing forms, and Izuku's quirk.

She listened attentively, fascinated by the story. She had known that Izuku had been hiding something, and she knew that Izuku always acted weirdly when it came to All Might, but she had just pined it down to Izuku's love for his idol. She hadn't imagined this, but now that she thought about it, it made so much sense.

"Woah," she breathed at the end of their story, too winded to say anything else except a spring of expletives that she was sure wouldn't be appreciated. Beside her, Izuku nervously wringed his hands.