CHAPTER 1

DAVE

Life are full of challenges, there are even times that we will face some facts that we never thought were real. How are we going to handle the truth when we were living in a world full of lies and deception? How will we know what is real from what is not? To be honest, I don't know but this is life, life will always test us, deceive us until we find the truth on our own way.

It was a been a week ever since our ruthless and life and death battle with L and his minions against the Celestial Mafia and until now, I am still covered with fear, hatred and anger. We didn't lose the battle but at the same time, we didn't won as well because there were a lot a people that was sent to the hospital just like Tetsuya, Toby, Ate Crystal, Kuya Ichirou, Shin, SPO1 Ricardo and Margaux.

I am now starting to think if this is really the life that I want. Is it really a good decision to continue to win a battle that we know that there is a chance that we could die. Damn it! We are still in college but we are facing a battle where no normal citizen is facing. Do we have a choice? I don't think so because we are already in this fight and I guess, the only way out is to win this.

I was walking down the corridor when I began to reminisce everything that we have went through like how I first entered the Mysterium Clava HQ until I had my first case and everything. Everything that I spent in that club is not just about the cases, it is not just about the excitement that I am feeling for every cases that take, it is all about us having this bond to accomplish our one and only goal and that is to bring justice not only to take down Celestial Mafia but also to put an end to the chess board that has been set and by the Master of Crimes, Seijuro Mendez and we all know as L or Legion.

I was about to open the door when I felt a very familiar and intimidating presence inside the room. If my deduction is correct then why is he here?

"It seems that you got lost on your way to your office, brother." I heard someone said which I presume was none other than our Club President, The Master of Ciphers—Craige Dalmacio.

Brother. Could it be?

I immediately opened the door and as I entered I saw Craige having a staring contest with his brother, the President of the Office of Student Affairs, Lucius Dalmacio.

I can feel the tension and aura emerging from these two men that are staring at each other at the middle of the room. Aside from the Dalmacio brothers, I can see Nzib and Ryn sitting at the couch watching the two man kill each other through a staring contest.

Ano ba ang ginagawa ni Lucius dito? Sigurado ako na ang pagpunta niya dito ay magiging simula na naman nang isang malakas na giyera na pagitan nilang magkapatid.

"Is everything a joke to you, Craige? I came here not as your brother but as the President of the Office of Student Affairs. I am demanding you, Mysterium Clava to stop your operation and drop this case and battle against those mafia." Lucius said as he stared at his brother with his cold eyes.

"Of course, who would expect you to come here as a brother because you never became a brother to me and all that you care about is yourself and the things that can give you power and influence, Lucius. You are demanding us to drop the case with the Celestial Mafia? Are you serious? Here is our answer. You can kiss that demand goodbye,brother because we are not dropping this case and we are not going to just watch those lunatics create chaos and war in this academy. We are going to fight even against death until we receive and deliver the justice that we deserve!"

I thought that Lucius will leave and back off because if there is something that we all know about Craige, he is the most hard headed man that you will encounter, once he got himself obsessed with a case then there is nothing that will stop him from chasing it. I really thought that Lucius was about to leave but to everyone's surprise, he grabbed Craige's collar and punched him on his mouth that made him drop on the ground with his lips bleeding.

"When will you listen, Craige? When will you learn?! You had your obsession ever since with L but what happened? Lorraine died! Now, you are getting too obsessed with the mafia and what did it cost you? Another disaster, another war! Our sister and your friends are now confined and unconscious in the hospital because of your obsession. This is enough!" Lucius shouted with anger.

Everyone inside the room was speechless because this is the first time that we saw Lucius lose his temper over his brother.

"Craige, Lucius. Tama na iyan!" Nzib tried to stop them.

Lucius glared at her. "Shut up, Mary Lauren."

For the first time, I saw Nzib back off and she didn't even utter a single word. I cannot believe that I am seeing this. There are too much tension and emotions inside the room and this is not healthy because if this continue then Mysterium Clava might crumble.

"She is alive. Lucius, Raine is alive. I don't know how but she is. " Craige whispered. I can hear how he is trying to hold his tears.

Everyone was speechless with what Craige said. Everybody knew that she was dead, everybody knew that Raine was killed by L and his minions.

"You are crazy, Craige. Lorraine is dead and you saw it with your own very eyes, you saw the blood that shed throughout her body and there are medical and police reports to prove that. Your obsession has gone you out of your mind! " Lucius shouted. He was about to punch his brother again when I stopped him from hurting Craige again.

"Enough! Totoo. Totoo ang lahat nang sinabi ni Craige. I was there when Raine showed up and she almost killed me. Hindi ko alam kung paano nangyari na buhay siya pero ang sigurado ako ay pareho namin nakita si Raine, Lucius. I know that you care about your brother, you care about Holmes Academy and every single student inside the campus pero sana ay maisip mo rin kung bakit kami lumalaban, sana naiisip mo na hindi kami lumalaban out of obsession, hindi kami lumalaban out of fun dahil lumalaban kami para protektahan ang mga taong mahalaga para sa amin, para maprotektahan ang mga mahal namin sa buhay. Wake up, Lucius and try to understand the situation! This is no longer about your childish relationship with your brother. This bigger than what you think."I shouted at Lucius as tears began to fall from my eyes.

Pain. Everyone is at pain right now and it is fine because that is part of life and what we need to focus on is how we will stand back up and fight.

We, Mysterium Clava has fought every obstacles, every cases and mission that come into our way and we did it together and I believe that we are going to get back up together again. As long as we are fighting together, there are no cases, no murderers and there are no ciphers that we cannot solve.

Ryn stood up and walked forward.

"Lucius, I think that you already made your point and I hope that we also made ours." Ryn said while smiling at him.

Lucius just stared at her.

"Kung wala ka nang sasabihin pa ay umalis ka na Lucius as in now na." singit naman ni Nzib.

Lucius just looked at everyone but before he can open the door, I called him.

"Lucius, I hope that we made and sent you a clear message at gusto ko lang na malaman mo na kahit ano man ang pagsubok na dumating sa Mysterium Clava ay walang takot namin haharapin ito. If you can't trust your brother, then he has our 100% confidence and trust." I said before I looked at Craige, Nzib and Ryn who seems to agree with me.

"Mysterium Clava, I am warning you. End this before I settle this with my own hands." Lucius said.

"Do your worst!" sigaw naman ni Nzib.

Lucius left without saying any word at all. It seems that he already received our message very clearly.

I looked at Craige and tried to tend on his wound that was given by his own brother.

"Guys." Ryn tried to get our attention."The President of Holmes Academy is asking for our presence right now."

What could be the reason that the President of Holmes Academy is asking for our presence?