CHAPTER 22

DAVE

Every crime has an ulterior motive and no matter how good you are in plotting a crime, it will always fail over and over again because at the end of the investigation, justice and the truth will always prevail.

Tetsuya and I were standing in the middle of the cafeteria after a crime or murder has been committed to a 3rd year medical technology student named Sabrina Cruz through a food poisoning method using a potassium cyanide and right before us, we have the campus police that was lead by Chief Inspector Odinson Thorax along with LEGION's very own, SPO2 Ricardo Policarpio.

Bukod pa sa mga pulis ay kasama namin ngayon ang vice president nang OSA na si Marjorie Sales kasama ang tatlong suspected murderer ni Sabrina Cruz na sina Serena Marquez, ang best friend ni Sabrina, si Catherine Gomez, ang close friend at blockmate ni Sabrina at ang huli ay ang ex-boyfriend ng biktima na si Bray Serrano.

It has also been confirmed by the campus police that the poison was injected on the apple that was eaten by the victim na naging dahilan para mabilis itong mamatay sa loob mismo nang cafeteria.

Ngayon. . . Sino ang ang guilty sa pagpatay kay Sabrina Cruz at sino ang inosente sa kasong ito? We will find out.

Tetsuya and I went on investigating the crime scene with the help of the campus police when a smile went across his lips.

That smile. . .

Could it be that. . .?

I already had my own deduction and culprit in mind and I hope that we had the same.

"Dave." tawag nito sa pangalan ko.

"Yeah?"

"It is time." he muttered. At that very moment, I knew that it is showtime.

We looked at each other and gave a nod to each other as we walked towards the campus police and to the three possible culprits. Serena Marquez, Catherine Gomez and Bray Serrano.

"Chief Inspector Thorax, Dave and I have found the culprit behind the death of Sabrina Cruz." Tetsuya glared at the three possible culprits.

"Sino? Let us here your deduction, Tetsuya and Dave?" Chief Inspector Thorax asked.

Tetsuya walked towards the middle of the cafeteria with his hands behind his back.

"Sa panahon ngayon ay masyado nang mapanganib ang mga tao dahil minsan ay hindi natin alam na ang isang taong pinagkakatiwalaan mo ay ang magiging dahilan para matapos ang lahat para sa iyo. What are the reasons? I don't know. Maybe because of jealousy, greed or the fact that your certain friend was better than you at all aspects." panimula ni Tetsuya.

"T-Teka, ang ibig mo bang sabihin ay pinatay si Sab dahil sa inggit?" Catherine asked.

I looked at her and nodded.

"According to the records, Sabrina Cruz is a 100% academic scholar at bukod pa dito ay nalaman din namin na nag-ta-trabaho din ito bilang isang part-timer sa isang malapit na convenient store which means na hindi ganoon karangya ang pamumuhay nito pagdating sa finances and there is one probability that the culprit decided to kill the victim because she is the only roadblock for her to achieve her goal to be the top not only in their class but also in their batch." I began to explain my deduction to them on why the victim was killed.

I released a deep sigh after I stated my deduction and shook my head in disappointment.

It is true that sometimes greed and jealousy over something is one of the roots for a human being to do something that they never thought that they will and it is something that they will probably regret sooner or later once everything is all set and done.