CHAPTER 21

DAVE

A new case has emerged inside the campus and a new murder to solve and it is up to Tetsuya and I to solve it with the assistance of our dear friends from the campus police.

We were inside the cafeteria where the crime scene happened when the police arrived lead by Chief Inspector Odinson Thorax and to my surprise, we had a unwanted guest—SPO2 Ricardo Policarpio.

Ano ang ginagawa nang lalaking iyan dito? Was this crime orchestrated by L? I have my doubts pero hindi ako p'wedeng magpakampante.

Habang tinitignan nang mga pulis ang bangkay na nasa loob ng cafeteria ay lumapit sa amin si SPO2 Policarpio.

He looked at the both of us as his presence began to make me uncomfortable.

"Why are you here? May kinalaman ba kayo sa krimen na nangyari dito, SPO2 Policarpio?" hindi na ako nagpaligoy-ligoy sa pagtatanong ko dito.

"Wow, you are quite a straightforward type of person, Ms. Velasco. I have no idea about the L's other agents but as far as I am concerned, I am here just to do my job as a member of the police force." SPO2 Policarpio replied to our question bago ito tumalikod at nagpunta sa crime scene.

Sumunod na rin ako sa crime scene kung saan nauna nang pumunta si Tetsuya.

The victim was at around 5'7 in height, she has a short, brown hair and as I first noticed, she was a 3rd year student from the college of business administration based on her identification card.

Paglapit ko sa crime scene, I noticed that the victim's lips were kinda bluish at maamoy mo dito ang amoy nang almond which was a clear sign that the victim got killed by a poison called potassium cyanide.

"Her name is Sabrina Cruz, a 3rd year student from the college of business administration." Tetsuya said as he walked beside me. "According to the witnesses ay kumakain lang ito during her lunch break with her friends at noong kinakain na nito ang mansanas na baon niya ay bigla na lang itong bumagsak sa sahig like she was Snow White and as we arrived, she was already found dead due to potassium cyanide."

How did the culprit poison her? When did the culprit poisoned her? Iyan ang dapat namin malaman.

"Tetsuya and Dave. Ito ang tatlong kaibigan ng biktima na kasabay niya kumain kanina." Chief Inspector Thorax said as he pointed the three students behind him.

There were two young girls and a man.

Sa isang sulok ay napansin ko rin na tila tahimik at seryoso kaming pinagmamasdan ni SPO2 Policarpio. But, he is the least of my concern as of the very moment dahil we need to focus on the case right in front of us.

"The three of you are the last person that was with the victim, correct?" Chief Inspector Thorax asked.

Marahang tumango ang tatlong estudyanteng nasa harapan namin and based on their lanyards, they came from different courses.

"Can you tell us your names and what were your alibi's during the time that the victim collapsed?" tanong ni Tetsuya sa mga ito.

"Sinasabi niyo ba na isa sa aming tatlo ang pumatay kay Sabrina!? Isa itong kalokohan!" malakas at galit na sigaw nang lalaki.

SPO2 Policarpio stepped in and placed his right hand on the man's shoulder.

"This is a standard procedure, sir. Just answer the questions that Mysterium Clava is asking you and prove your innocence."

Nanahimik na lang ang lalaki at saka kinuyom ang kanyang kamao as if someone pissed him off.

Una namin pinagsalita ang babaeng nakasalamin. She was standing at around 5'5 in height, a rectangular eyeglasses, mayroon rin itong mahaba at kulay itim na buhok na nakapusod.