CHAPTER 10

CRAIGE'S POV

Patience. Patience was and will never be my strong suit in life but here I am sitting on the couch waiting for almost an hour for the man that summoned me here. Where the hell is he? Was he too busy plotting the end of the world that he forgot that interrupted my meal earlier with his text message that he is requesting my presence because he wants to talk about something. That man should better make sure that this is worth of my time.

While I was patiently waiting for that man, I received a text message from Ryn regarding the current situation in Holmes Academy. L or Legion has finally began creating chaos once again and with that he just plotted the murder of these two students in Holmes Academy. What is his plan? What is in his mind right now? I exactly have no idea as of the moment but  I will make sure that we will be able to stop him this time around.

"I apologize for making you wait, brother." I heard a familiar chilling voice walking towards my direction.

I stood up and looked at him in the eye—the eye of the most powerful man in all of Holmes Academy. The President of the Office of Student Affairs—Lucius Dalmacio, my brother.

His mere presence and deadly stares were more than enough to piss someone on their pants except for me who has been defying him since the beginning of our childhood.

"It is quite unusual for you, brother to be late on a gathering that you, yourself created. Why? Were you in a meeting with your pawns regarding your eternal damnation that you will bring to Holmes Academy?" I said as I was before him staring at him.

"Enough of that, Craige. We have a lot more important thing to discuss about." my brother said.

"You, meeting me up personally instead of ordering your knights makes me think that this is something worth of my time. Now, spill the beans and tell me the reason why did you request for my presence?"

Knowing my brother, he wouldn't waste any of his precious time on anything if it is not that important.

"Who is L, Craige? I assume that you already knew about the two recent murder that took place earlier at the campus which was allegedly planned by that man." Lucius asked.

I tried to calm myself from going berserk. L or Legion is someone that I would die to capture but it is so frustrating to know that we knew his identity  and we even ran into each other inside the campus but we couldn't find anything that can direct him as the man behind the chaos of Holmes Academy.

My brother might be the President of OSA but for some reason, I requested my club members and even my sister to keep the student council and OSA out of this until we have a thread pointing Seijuro Mendez as L or Legion.

"I don't know." I lied. "The investigation regarding the mystery mastermind is still on going, brother. But, don't worry because once we have gathered any information, we will let the almighty Office of the Student Affairs know about him."

"You don't know or you don't want us to know about it. Those are two different things, Craige. Many students has suffered because of your chase with this man and it seems that the motive for the murder earlier was to get the attention of Mysterium Clava." Lucius sipped on his tea as he awaits for my response.

To be honest, I cannot agree more about his statement. Legion doesn't have any motive with the serial killings because every crime that has been commited by his organization are not more than a game to play and taking each and every officials of Legion is the only way to stop them once and for all.

"I won't repeat myself, brother. We don't have any lead regarding L as of the moment but I can assure you that justice will be served once we capture L." I said before I stood and turned my back on him. "If you have nothing more to say then, I guess I have to leave already."

Legion. He indeed got the attention of my brother and the Office of the Student Affairs right now. I just hope that my brother won't take any action that might interfere with our investigation.

"Craige, how many should suffer in the hands of L? How many more should suffer the same fate as your dear friend, Lorraine Corpus? Think about it and think really hard about it." Lucius said with his cold voice.

I just clenched my fist and decided to walk away and let him had the final say.

He is wrong, my brother has mistaken if he thinks even just for one second that I will let L take the life of any of my friends just like how he did with Raine.

We began this journey together and Mysterium Clava will close this case—together.

*****

DAVE

There are so many things that has been going home since my arrival here at Holmes Academy and it is something that no ordinary college student should never have experience and that is the chase for a criminal mastermind.

I know that arriving here and joining the club was my choice because of my hunger for mystery and adventure but never would I thought that with that hunger, it will also make me experience witnessing a lot of innocent people die in the hands of a young man who everyone thought was an innocent science prodigy.

Just to try to freshen up my head,  I decided to go to the nearest park.

I sat in the corner and watched the kids play around with their parents and fellow kids.

Sana ganito lang kadali ang buhay kung saan naglalaro ka lang ay walang iniisip na problema at trahedya na dulot nang isang lalaking katulad ni Seijuro.

I smiled bitterly as I kept on watching the peaceful surroundings thinking kung kailan ba dadating ang panahon na mararanasan ito sa Holmes Academy.

"Ay, pucha!" napasigaw ako ng magulat ako sa biglang pag-ring ng aking telepono.

I checked on my screen and it came from a unregistered number.

"Hello?" I asked as I answered the phone call coming from a unregistered number.

"How is the princess of Mysterium Clava? Kumusta naman ang pagiging magnet ng kamalasan?" I heard a shivering voice of a woman.

"Sino ka? Ano ang kailangan mo?"

"My identity is not so important, what you should be worried is your own worthless life. Hanggang kailan mo ba titiisin ang gulo sa Holmes Academy? Until when will you chase for crimes instead of just studying? You are just wasting your time and your life just for the chase, Davener Velasco. Kung ako sa iyo ay titigil na ako kaysa madamay pa ang mga tao sa paligid ko katulad na lang ng iyong daddy at ang best friend mo na si Trisha."

Narinig ko ang malalakas at mala-demonyong tawa nang babae. Hindi ko alam kung sino ito pero bigla akong nakaramdam ng kakaibang kaba sa aking dibdib.

"What do you w—" hindi ko na natapos ang sinasabi ko ng biglang maputol ang linya.

I stood up and I was about to walk away when I saw a familiar face.

Wait. . . Isn't she—

Nagulat na lang nang bigla niya akong suntukin na naging dahilan para mahilo ako at matumba.

"I know that my words won't be able to reach your thick skull just like your colleagues that is why allow me to bring you somewhere and teach you the hard way."

Nagulat ako nang may lumapit sa dalawang maskuladong lalaki at saka ako nito tinayo at tinapalan ang bibig ko ng isang panyo.

Gusto ko lumaban, gusto pumiglas pero sa hindi ko maipaliwanag na dahilan ay biglang nanghina ang aking katawan hanggang sa unti-unting nagdilim ang paningin ko.

"C-Craige, T-Tetsuya. . . Help me. . ."