CHAPTER 27

DAVE

Life are full of challenges, it has a lot of struggles that will challenge us physically, mentally and emotionally and now, we are about to face a person that our club once called as a colleague, an ally and a friend—Lorraine Corpus.

Hindi ko lang ma-imagine kung ano ang nararamdaman ngayon ni Craige, Toby at Ryn because as far as I can recall ay silang apat talaga ang magkakasama when they joined Mysterium Clava bago pa naging miyembro sina Tetsuya at NZIB.

Pain. Isa sa pinakamasakit na p'wedeng mangyari sa atin ay ang makaharap natin sa isang labanan ang isang taong minsa'y naging kaibigan at sa pagkakataon ito ay walang ibang p'wedeng gawin sina Craige, Toby at Ryn kun'di harapin si Raine and end everything, end it for the sake of justice and the innocent people that was a victim of their illegal crimes.

We already have a lot of things on our plate until another problem has added another flavor on our dish—Leonardo Augustine, one of L's associates.

He is now being suspected by Craige and the rest of Mysterium Clava as the snake who sold us out to Raine and her minions.

"What are you planning, Leonardo? Are you their golden goose in taking us out?" I whispered to myself while I was sitting at  the bed of my room here at Dalmacio Manor.

Ano ang chances na nandoon si Leonardo sa hindi kalayuang lugar nang aming bahay? Was it just a mere coincidence or was he really Lorraine Corpus' intel inside our group? I don't know but one thing is certain, Leonardo Augustine is a dangerous man, a man that can have us killed without moving a finger.

Pagkatapos ko magpahangin sa taas nang roof deck ay nag-desisyon na akong bumaba at magpunta sa clubroom when all of a sudden, I bumped in with the Master of Crimes in the hallway, Seijuro Mendez aka Legion.

"Davener, it is good to see you around. I heard that we have a meeting today." Seijuro said with a usual smirk on his lips.

Minsan ay gusto ko talaga ito sampalin para mawala ang nakaka-iritang mga ngisi nito sa kanyang mukha.

"Meeting?" pagtataka kong tanong.

He scratched his chin. "It seems that someone isn't checking on her phone, huh. Was something bothering you?"

"It is none of your business, Seijuro." for a moment, we found ourselves locked in a staring contest until he decided to break it.

"Well, you don't have to tell me anything, do you? I am just a concerned citizen that wanna check on you, Davener, my friend." he said.

Friend? Kailan ko pa naging kaibigan Ang lalaking ito?

Damn, I want to walk away from him and end this conversation but there is something that is stopping me from doing so, there is something that urges me to continue this conversation. What could that be?

"Seijuro, can I ask you something?" tanong ko dito.

"Of course, I will answer it as far as my intellectual knowledge can." he answered while spreading his arms wide open na para bang pinapakita nito na bukas ito sa kahit na anong tanong na ibabato ko dito.

I took a deep breath before I looked at his eyes.

Kailangan kong mag-ingat sa kahit na anong salita o tanong na ibabato ko sa kanya dahil isang pagkakamali ko lang ay p'wede na itong maging dahilan ng aming katapusan.

We have a hunch that Leonardo is working for Raine based on the evidences that we have captured but we are not certain if he was working on his own will or if he was under the orders of his boss, Legion that is why I cannot be too naive in front of this dangerous or else, we will all suffer his wrath of betrayal—if he has something to do with it, that is.

"How well do you trust your acquaintances, Seijuro?" tanong ko dito.

Isang malaki at malawak na ngiti ang sinagot nito.

"Let me tell you a secret, Dave. . ." marahan itong lumapit sa akin at saka nito nilapit ang kanyang bibig sa aking tainga. "I trust nobody not even my associates, as long as they serve their purpose in my chess board then that is what all it matters."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa mga sinabi niya. I shouldn't be surprised at all with everything that he said but I can't help myself but to be furious after hearing that he didn't even give a damn about his associates, not even a bit as long as they have executed Seijuro's plans.

Pagkatapos nito ako bulungan ay biglang tumunog ang kayang cellphone.

He glanced at his screen before he put it back inside his pocket.

"I enjoy this short and meaningful conversation, Dave but I need to attend on some urgent matter right now. I'll be seeing you very soon." pagpapaalam ni Seijuro bago ito nito ako nilampasan habang naka-ngisi sa akin.

Ilang segundo pa ako natulala bago ako bumalik sa reyalidad.

Saan kaya pupunta si Seijuro? What was that something that he has to attend to? Quite suspicious.

I decided to ignore my inner thoughts and suspicions dahil ang una kong kailangan isipin ngayon ay ang sinasabing meeting ni Seijuro.

I brought out my phone from my pocket and just like as Seijuro told me ay mayroon ngang message si Craige dito tungkol sa meeting mamaya ng Mysterium Clava, LEGION at FBI.

What is this all about? Are we going to launch our first move? I need to know from the horses mouth.

Ilang minuto rin ang nakalipas nang makarating ako sa Mysterium Clava HQ and to my surprise ay kumpleto silang lahat doon.

"What's going on? Ano iyong narinig kong meeting na magaganap?" I asked with out greeting them. I want to hear the answer right on the spot at ayaw ko nang magpaligoy-ligoy pa.

Craige looked at me with the lights flashing on his eyeglasses.

Ryn stood up and asked me to calm down at saka ako nito pinaupo sa isang upuan.

"Everyone, listen.Tonight, there is a probability that LEGION decided to hold this meeting because someone who we presume is Leonardo Augustine who will share an intel about the attack of Lorraine Corpus and her acquaintances." Ryn began to began explaining the purpose of the meeting on behalf of our club president and vice president.

Ang akala ko ba ay si Leonardo ang traydor? Bakit niya sasabihin na aatake ang mga kalaban?

"I know that some of you might be wondering if why will Leonardo expose Raine's plan regarding the attack? The answer is very simple. It is because it is a part of their plan in order to lure us into their trap and make us believe that Leonardo is our ally. Once they already lure us in, they will ambush us and kill us accordingly." pagpapaliwanag pa ni Ryn.

Ilang segundong natahimik ang lahat matapos marinig ang mga mangyayari.

"Ang ibig mo bang sabihin ay magpapanggap tayo na walang alam sa mga mangyayari and let ourselves be lured on their trap?" tanong ni Tetsuya.

"Yes. We will let them believe that they have outsmarted us when the truth is, it is the other way around." paliwanag pa ni Craige.

"Do we have any questions? No? None? Nada? If that is the case then this meeting is adjourned. See you tonight on our meeting."

Mabilis na naglakad sina Craige, Toby at Ryn palabas nang clubroom habang kami nina Tetsuya at NZIB ay sabay-sabay na nagkatinginan.

How will this meeting conclude?

Will we be able to counter Raine and Leonardo's plan?

I don't know but one thing is certain and that is we will stop at nothing until we put an end to this mayhem.

We will stop Leonardo Augustine and Lorraine Corpus once and for all!