CHAPTER 2

DAVE

"The President of Holmes Academy is asking for our presence right now."

We have been solving cases quite a while already but we were never been summoned in the Office of the President of Holmes Academy until today. There are a lot of probabilities that has been running through my mind right now but none of those make sense. Was it about the mafia? I doubt that Lucius already exploited the facts and information about that already. Is it a case? Nothing is really making sense right now because even the Master of Information, Ryn Wilson have no idea about the Campus President summoning us.

What could the President of Holmes Academy, Mr. Jim Morayta could probably want?

Craige, Ryn, Nzib and myself were walking on our way to the Office of the President of Holmes Academy when we saw a very unwanted presence standing at the corridor.

"Mysterium Clava, it is so good to see you so alive and healthy." it was none other than the criminal mastermind himself, Seijuro Mendez also known as L.

We just looked at him as if none of his friends or I may say minions are currently at the hospital fighting for their lives. Oh, right. He never cared about anyone except for himself and his evil demonic schemes.

"Too bad, we can't say the same for you." Craige said. Kahit kailan talaga ay hindi papalagpasin nang lalaking ito ang barahin ang mga sinasabi ni Seijuro.

"Oh, no. You are hurting me, Craige. How heartless can you be?" Seijuro said while acting like our words hurt his feelings.

"Really? Sa dami nang mga pinatay mo ay ngayon mo pa sasabihin na may nararamdaman ka? Enough of your sheninagans, Legion. We don't have time for someone like you." I told him with full of disgust.

Yes, he is scary and dangerous but I will never let him act like an innocent brat after all of the murder that he plotted around the campus. I cannot feel anything other than disgust and anger for him.

"That is enough, Dave. Mr. Morayta is waiting for us and we cannot afford to make him wait." Ryn said.

Tama. Hindi na dapat namin pinag-aaksayahan ng oras ang mga tao o kung matatawag pa ba na tao itong si Seijuro. He is a heartless and manipulative monster.

We were about to walk when he whispered. "My minions may be able to leave the hospital alive and well, but I cannot be certain with your beloved friends."

What is he talking about? Is plotting to kill them? He is such a monster at wala na siyang ibang ginawa kung hindi manakit at paglaruan ang mga buhay namin.

Craige stopped from walking and I can feel the intense energy and presence coming out from him. I can feel my knees shaking with this phenomenon and this is his side that you definitely do not want to anger and piss off.

"Seijuro, we are not taking actions against you because of the alliance that you and Pops agreed on but don't you think or dare just even for one second on having your pawns lay a finger on my club members or else. . . I will find you and I will kill you myself!" I can hear Craige gritting his teeth out of anger.

We didn't wait for any response coming from Seijuro and we just walked out but even though we left him behind, I can feel his devious smirk while staring at us. I am well aware about what L is truly capable of and he doesn't need to even leave his house just to kill anyone because he is the game master of all crimes in Holmes Academy and if he wants to plot a murder then he can do it through his trusted pawns. For L, we are nothing more but his playmate but I assure you that we won't let him play this game on his favor because we will do everything to stop him from his evil plans.

When we arrived at the of Mr. Jonathan Morayta, we knocked on the door and after 5 seconds, someone opened the door. It was a woman who was standing 5'6 in height, wearing a formal office attire, she was wearing a rectangular eyeglasses and if I am going to deduce her age from her physical features, I can say that she was on her late 50's.

"She is Amanda Suarez and she is the secretary of Mr. Morayta." I heard Ryn whisper while smiling at me. She might have read my facial expressions that made her presume that I don't know the woman in front of us.

I just smiled at Ryn as an acknowledgement for answering that question.

Amanda asked us to wait at the couch as he entered the office of Mr. Morayta and called him.

It took him a couple of minutes before he went out of his office but he was not alone because he was with a man who was standing at 5'10 in height, he was wearing a school uniform from a different college and he also has a fair skin and he has a black and messy hair. Sino siya?

"Good Afternoon, Mysterium Clava. It is good to see you here even though some of your members seems to be missing." Mr. Morayta greeted us with a huge smile on his face.

Craige stood up and walked towards the man behind Mr. Morayta.

"It seems that someone got punched, Craige Dalmacio." the guy said.

"It seems that the Dark Knight of Mendez Institute got lost on his way to their campus, Grayson Alvarez." Craige said as he looked straight into the man named Grayson into his eyes.

They were in a staring contest while Mr. Morayta was staring at them in silence. I can see some long time rivalry here. The tension between the two are growing as if the office is going to explode just because of their ego and presence.

I looked at Ryn who was smiling. "Sino siya, Ryn?"

"Grayson Alvarez, the Dark Knight of our rival school, Mendez Institute. He is the one and only detective of their school. He used to be friends with Craige until that friendship became a rivalry." Ryn explained.

A great college detective from a rival academy that can go on a match with Craige's deductive and cryptography skills. I never thought that someone can go on a one on one competition as a detective with Craige because even Toby, he admitted before that even with his superb deductive skills, he is still no match with our club president.

"Mr. Morayta, bakit niyo kami pinatawag dito at bakit nandito si Grayson?" Nzib broke the silence as went straight to the question that all have in our mind.

Mr. Morayta looked at each one of us to check if we are paying attention especially Craige and that detective from Mendez Institute named Grayson.

"Good Afternoon again, Mysterium Clava. Let us go straight to the point so that we won't be wasting each others time. I asked for your presence because there was a case that needed your assistance." Mr. Morayta began before looking at Grayson. "As you can see, we have a visitor from Mendez Institute because I received an email from the president of their academy that Mr. Alvarez is needing some assistance about a group of students that went missing inside the campus this past couple of days and the President of Mendez Institute is requesting Mysterium Clava to be specific. Will you accept the invitation, Mr. Dalmacio?"

Craige walked around with his hands on his pocket. "So, you mean that Mendez Institute wants us to solve a case that this man, Grayson failed to close? Is that correct, Mr. Morayta?"

"Well, parang ganoon na nga." he replied.

Craige wiped his eyeglasses before looked at Grayson. "I refuse the invitation."

Finally! A new ca—Teka, ano?! Did Craige just refused a case but why?!