CHAPTER 4

DAVE

We all come in a phase where we didn't have any clue about our purpose in life. There are times that we even ask ourselves 'Why are we here?' or 'Why am I doing this?' but no matter how much we tried, we couldn't find the right answer to those questions and that makes life so interesting because we get to have the journey of our lives in searching for that certain reason and purpose for us to keep on moving forward and as for me at this very moment, I know and I can feel that my purpose is to find justice and deliver it to everyone.

We are currently walking on our way to the main library of Mendez Institute to investigate the missing students of the academy. When we arrived at the library we went to the librarian, Ms. Abby Bacoor. She was the one who reported about the toxic chemical that she smelled.

"Ms. Abby, we are Mysterium Clava from Holmes Academy and we are here to investigate about the missing students here in Mendez Institute. You wouldn't mind if I ask a couple of questions, right?" Ryn said.

"Oo naman. Tutulong ako hanggang sa abot nang makakaya ko para mahanap na ang mga nawawalang mga bata." Ms. Abby said as she asked us to follow her to a conference room so that we could discuss the case in private.

Pagpasok namin sa loob ng conference room ay wala maski isa ang nagsalita na amin, we were analyzing the library and the people around. Who knows kung isa sa mga tao dito sa library ang nasa likod nang pagkawala ng mga estudyante. Everyone is guilty unless we already have caught the real culprit behind the disappearance of those students.

"Ms. Abby, we heard that during those time of the disappearance of the students ay naka-amoy ka nang isang klase ng toxic chemical dito sa loob ng library. Iyong naamoy mo ba ay kalat o nasa isang lugar lang?" tanong ni Grayson dito.

Ms. Abby didn't responded for a moment as she was trying to recall the time of the incident.

"Iyong naamoy ko noong mga nakaraan ay kalat at hindi ko nga alam kung may estudyanteng nagdala ng kemikal galing sa chemistry lab pero napansin ko na mas malakas ang amoy nito doon sa sulok kung saan nakalagay ang mga luma at maalikabok na mga libro na naging dahilan para hindi ito puntahan ng karamihan sa mga estudyante dito." Ms. Abby explained.

"Based on the statement that the librarian said, there is a a probability that we can presume that those students were asked to go there by someone they mutually knew and lured them to a trap, a trap that sent them to their possible demise." Craige said while he has his eyes closed and his arms are all across his chest, probably thinking and analyzing the case based on the information that was provided to us.

"Sa tingin ko ay alam ko na kung saan natin p'wedeng simulan ang investigation natin. We already had a lead thank to Ms. Abby's statement and all we have to do is to search and look for any traces that can lead us to their whereabouts." sabi ni Nzib habang nag-ta-type sa kanyang laptop.

I have no idea kung ano ang ginagawa ni Nzib and I don't have any plans to ask her about it pero kung ano man iyan ay sigurado akong magiging relevant iyan sa case na ito.

"Ms. Abby, can you show us that section in the library kung saan mo naamoy ang chemicals?" tanong ko dito.

"Oo naman, halika at ituturo ko sa inyo." Ms. Abby replied as she stood up. "Follow me."

Pagdating namin sa pinaka-sulok nang library ay nakita namin ang ilang mataas na mga book shelves and based on the dust on it, it just shows that books and shelves hasn't been used nor touched for quite some time already.

"Ilang taon na ba nakakalipas mula noong huling nalinis ito?" Nzib commented. As usual, she always has the craziest comments, she will never miss a chance to laugh at something.