CHAPTER 25

DAVE

Sa mga oras na ito ay tila mas nagiging komplikado na ang lahat. We are the one who should be chasing for the culprits, we should be the one who should be going after the people who had violated the law and justice but at this very moment, we are the one that are being chased after, we are the one that are being hunted by the forces of evil.

Are we scared? Am I nervous? I would be lying if I said that I am not but this is the fact of life because there are things in life that can make us budge, things that can make us shiver in fear but at this very moment, the stakes are high at hindi ito ang tamang oras at pagkakataon para matakot kami dahil sa oras na magpakita kami nang kahit na anong kahinaan, they will take advantage of it and use it against us.

After my father told us that we need to move out, we decided to stay in Craige's place, THE DALMACIO MANOR where Craige, Lucius, Ate Crystal, their little sister Eli and of course, their father Director Crisostomo Rheinlander Dalmacio resides.

Noong una ay parang medyo awkward para sa akin na makita ang sarili ko na tumira at matulog sa isang bahay kasama ang President ng Mysterium Clava at ang President ng Office of Student Affairs nang Holmes Academy. What would the student body think kapag nalaman nila ito? Malamang ay nasa headline kami nang campus website nang Holmes Academy.

OMG, I don't want that sort of spotlight!

I was sitting in one of the guest rooms in the Dalmacio Manor when I heard a series of knock on the door.

Is it possible na si Craige iyon? But, I doubt that he will have the strength and humanity to have the courtesy to fetch me from my room.

I stood up and walked towards the door and as I opened the door of the guest room, I suddenly froze from where I was standing as a cold breeze suddenly made me feel a very intimidating presence.

Yes, the person before me is none other than The Lucius Dalmacio.

Lucius was standing in front of the door with his usual poker face. He was wearing a white shirt, black jogger pants and a—pink slippers?

I bit my lower lip and tried to suppress my laughter. Sino ba naman kasi mag-e-expect that someone with a dark and intimidating aura ay magsusuot nang kulay pink na slippers sa loob ng kanilang bahay?

"Good Morning, Lucius." I greeted him trying to suppress my malicious smile.

He forced a smile on his lips which was kinda odd for him to do.

"Good Morning, Dave. Your father and mine asked me to fetch you for breakfast since my younger brother is too lazy to get up from his favorite chair and call you, so here I am doing the leg work and initiative that I shouldn't be doing." Lucius said as I chuckled. "And. . . don't dare to tell anyone inside the campus about my pink slippers. This is an order."

He turned his back on me as he walked away.

I smiled for a bit after seeing a different side of Lucius.

Pink slippers, huh.

Pag-alis ni Lucius ay nagsuklay na muna ako nang aking buhok at saka ko inayos ang aking suot na damit bago bumaba sa dining area kung saan nakahanda na dito ang aming almusal.

Craige was sitting on the corner as he tries to work on his jigsaw puzzle, Lucius was busy on his phone while my dad, Director Dalmacio and Ate Crystal was having a good discussion about life and family. Ang bunsong kapatid naman nila Craige na si Eli ay abala sa paglalaro nang kanyang mga dolls.

Pagbaba ko ay bigla akong ngumiti dahil sa aking nakikita.

Everyone was doing their own thing as if nothing was going on outside our home, everyone was acting so calm as if there was no threat and battle that awaits us.

I guess that having these kind of moments is a good thing dahil at least for once in a while ay nakikita ko na kahit sa mga oras na ito ay kaya rin namin mabuhay na parang isang normal na tao na walang kahit anong threat na iniisip.

"Dave, Craige, Lucius and Eli! Come over here and let us eat our breakfast together like a happy family!" sigaw ni Director Dalmacio habang tumatawa.

They prepared some hotdog's, fried rice, bacon and fried eggs. Naghanda rin sila nang isang pitsel na orange juice bilang panghimagas.

We all had some meaningful conversation while having our breakfast habang si Director Dalmacio naman ay sinusubukang huwag ma-open up ang topic about our problems about Lorraine Corpus and the Celestial Mafia.

"Lucius. Craige." he called the attention of his son's. "Gusto kong isabay niyo na si Dave sa pagpasok niyo sa campus, our family driver will drive you there."

My eyes went wide open as I heard my name on their conversation. Nakita ko rin ang biglang pagtitinginan nang dalawang magkapatid as if they are trying to pierce each other using their deadly stares.

"I have no concern with Davener being with us inside the car. It is only appropriate for us to tag her along since she is temporarily living here in the manor." Lucius said bago ito tumayo para iligpit ang kanyang pinagkainan.

Nagulat ako when Craige raised his hand.

"I have a concern here, Father." Craige said.

"What is it, Craige?" Director Dalmacio asked his son.

"My brother here has his own car so I propose that he should use it in order for Dave and I to be a lot more comfortable inside the vehicle with the proper space and distance." napataas ang kilay ko dahil sa so-called proposal ni Craige.

Napasampal na lang talaga ako sa noo ko dahil sa mga sinabi ni Craige. Craige really won't miss an opportunity to trade barbs with his brothers won't he?

"I would love to use my car, brother." tumayo si Lucius bago nagpunta sa may bintana at saka tumingin sa mga sasakyan sa labas. "But unfortunately, if you are that observant then you should have noticed that my car is nowhere to be found."

"Why is that, son? Where is your car?" Director Dalmacio asked while sipping his cup of coffee at the dining table.

"Someone caused an explosion at the parking lot 2 days ago which caught my car on fire. I don't know who it caused it but I have a hunch that it is related on the case that you are all working on." Lucius responded to his father's question.

Bakit ngayon lang namin narinig ang tungkol dito? Were we to occupied with Raine and we forgot to look after other angles? Damn.

"Father, Craige, Mr. Velasco and Dave. . . Whatever you are up against, I suggest you to end it as quick as possible before there are any innocent that might harmed from this battle." seryosong sabi ni Lucius habang nakatingin sa aming lahat.

At this moment, I knew that Lucius is somehow concerned sa mga inosenteng mga tao na posibleng madamay dahil sa labanan na ito.

"That sounds so unfortu—" Craige was about to throw some insult to his brother when a huge explosion cut him off.

We all went outside except for their younger sister, Eli and we saw the family vehicle burning in flames.

What happened here?

"I just received a text message from Ryn and an anonymous email was sent straight to our club email address." Craige said as he was looking at his phone.

He raised his phone and showed us the screen and it was a message that say:

MYSTERIUM CLAVA,

    Gather all the colleagues as you want but nothing will stop us from killing you and everyone close to you. Our battle for redemption has just began and don't worry because we won't be hiding from you. . . We will see you very soon for our FINAL ACT.

Kind Regards,
Lorraine Corpus

Another message has been sent and it is a clear message that the end is near and the final battle is about to happen between us and Lorraine Corpus.

When will it be? I don't know but one thing is certain and that is we will be ready and we will emerge the victory is we fight for justice.