CHAPTER 17

DAVE

When I first joined Mysterium Clava, all I ever wanted was to solve cases and bring people to justice but as time goes by, it only showed me that no matter how many people try to take down criminals, no matter how many people would want to bring people to justice, there will also be a group of people that will keep on committing such hideous crimes out of money, revenge, redemption or just for the sake of fun and leisure such as the likes of Celestial Mafia, LEGION and Lorraine Corpus. But, if there is something in this world that is certain and that is we, the people of justice such as the police force, detectives, the FBI and many more will stop at nothing until the job is done because at the end of the day, justice will always prevail.

After our meeting at the Mysterium Clava HQ ay dumiretso agad ako sa aming classroom dahil duh, kahit ganito naman ang takbo nang buhay ko ay isa pa rin naman akong estudyante sa Holmes Academy kaya kailangan ko pa rin naman pumasok at mag-aral at sa pagpasok ko sa loob nang aming classroom ay isang malakas at pamilyar na tili ang sumalubong sa akin.

"DAAAAAAAAAVE! MY BEST FRIEEEEEEEEEEEEND!" as expected, the loud voice came from my close friend or as she says, my best friend, Trisha Harris.

I immediately looked at her and gave her the biggest smile that I could possibly give her.

"Hi, Trisha! How are you?" I greeted her.

Nagtaka ako dahil bigla niya ako tinignan mula ulo hanggang paa. Anong mayroon? Masyado bang halata ang mga natamo kong sugat sa laban namin kila Raine o baka naman mukha akong problemado despite of the smile that I am giving her? If that is the case then, I guess I still have a lot to learn regarding microexpressions from Tetsuya.

"Dave, okay ka lang ba? Hindi ka ba pinapabayaan nila Tetsuya? Mukha kang nangangayayat, eh." nag-aalalang tanong nang aking kaibigan.

"Huh? Oo naman. Ayos na ayos lang ako sadyang masyado lang akong stress recently dahil sa mga bagay-bagay." natatawa kong sagot dito.

Bakit naman naungkat ang pangalan ni Tetsuya dito? It is not like he has any responsibility on me despite of being his club member.

"Sigurado ka, ha? Sabihin mo lang kung pinapabayaan ka nang Tetsuya na iyon dahil ako mismo ang ko-kontra sa relasyon na mayroon kayo!" she exclaimed.

What the f*ck!? Okay, she is now overreacting!

"What are you talking about? There is nothing between me and Tetsu, Trisha?" I defended myself to her.

"Are you sure? Your eyes says something different!" she insisted.

I was about to rebutt to her accusations when someone entered the room.

"It has been a while since I saw your face here, Ms. Velasco. Has your detective business with Mysterium Clava made you that busy that you even learned how to skip your classes?" it was our algebra professor that replaced Ms. Minakata after her death, Professor Barcelona.

Kung alam niyo lang talaga ang tunay na nangyayari, Professor Barcelona ay maiintindihan niyo ako.

"I am so sorry, Ms. Barcelona. I promise that this would never happen again." I just apologized rather than to start an arguement. 

Nobody needs to know. Yes, nobody has to know about the battle and wars that we are dealing with right now because what matters is everyone is safe and alive. . . well, as of the meantime.

"I understand, Ms. Velasco. I understand your situation more than any teachers here at Holmes Academy." she responded before she began to start her lecture for the day. "Alright, class! Can anyone tell me what we discussed yesterday?"

The discussion went on and on until our teacher called me out.

"Ms. Velasco, please stay after class."

I don't know but this scene seems to be familiar. I hope that it wouldn't be the same as the last teacher that talked to me after class.

Noong nakalabas na ang lahat nang mga kaklase ko ay naglakad ako papunta sa teacher's desk kung saan nakaupo si Ms. Barcelona. 

She looked at me and gave me her usual precious smile but for some reason, I felt that something was off, there was a certain energy and presence that made me feel uncomfortable standing right next to her. Ano ba itong nararamdaman ko? Damn it.

"Ms. Velasco, have a seat." sabi ni Ms. Barcelona while pointing at the chair behind me.

"Ms. Barcelona, tungkol saan po ba ito? Kung tungkol po ito sa mga absent ko ay pasensya na po talaga at pangako at hindi na ito mauulit." I went straight to the point.

"Calm down, kid. You are not in trouble. I just want to check on you. How are you, Dave? How are you after the incident with Lorraine Corpus?" nanlaki bigla ang mga mata ko dahil sa mga naging tanong nito.

How?

How on earth did she knew about that incident? Nobody from the faculty should have known about it. So, how?

Calm down, Dave. . .Act like you don't now what she is talking about. She might just be trying to catch you off-guard.

"What are you talking about, Ms. Barcelona? Matagal nang patay si Lorraine Corpus." I tried to deny the incident.

Ms. Barcelona looked at me seriously as if she is not buying any of my reasonings.

"Do you really think that I don't know anything, Ms. Velasco? I know everything that is happening that involves the students of Holmes Academy." Ms. Barcelona stood up and sat beside me.

"Tell me, just who are you, Ms. Barcelona?" I asked.

We both ended up being in a staring contest as I await for her response. I know that she is a member the school faculty of Holmes Academy but I can also presume that she has a role that is more than just being an algebra instructor.

"I am a member of the school faculty of Holmes Academy but I am fully aware that it is not the answer that you are seeking." she said while putting her legs across each other. "My apologies, dear but I cannot answer that question for this very moment but sooner or later you will find out. I am certain of that."

I just stood up and when I was about to exit the door, she spoke once again.

"Dave Velasco. As of this very moment, my true role in this battle is not your concern as of this very moment. What you need to think of is your special meeting with the FBI."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko dahil sa mga narinig ko. 

"How the f*ck?" I whispered.

"I told you. I know things far more than your dear brain can comprehend." sagot nito bago ako tuluyan lumabas.

Hindi ko alam kung paano niya nalaman ang mga impormasyon na iyon but I have to be careful with her because either she is an ally or she is a foe. But, she is correct on the part that all I have to think of right now is our meeting with the FBI because tonight, the fate of this battle against Celestial Mafia and Lorraine Corpus will be determined.

What could the outcome of this meeting would be? Will the outcome of be in our favor or will the game will suddenly change?