CHAPTER 13

DAVE

"R-Raine. . . You are really alive!"

Nakatayo sa aking harapan ang dalawang tao na naging parte ng Mysterium Clava, dalawang tao na nagkaroon nang malaking history pagdating sa pag-i-imbestiga sa mga krimen sa loob ng Holmes Academy.

I am standing from afar inside this room while watching the staredown between Craige and Craige. Nobody may have wanted to break the silence but deep inside, I can feel the emotions between them.

I don't have any idea about the pain that our club president is going through but if there is something that I am certain, I know that he is going through a pain that is deeper than anyone could imagine. He was risking his life along with every single member of Mysterium Clava to solve every single case in order to bring the culprit who they thought that killed Lorraine Corpus who happens to be Seijuro Mendez aka L or Legion to justice without know that the woman that they were trying to give justice is still alive and went rouge.

"R-Raine. . . What happened to you? This is not you!" Craige shouted as tears fell down into his cheeks. "How are you alive and if you really did survive, then why have you join the mafia instead of showing yourself to us. . . your friends?!"

This is one occasion where you will see the Master of Ciphers breakdown into tears and I can't help myself but to clench my fist out of frustration because I am here and Craige is only one step away but it seems like it is so hard to reach his consciousness at this point.

Raine laughed. She laughed as hard and sarcastic as she could.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Craige? I am not the Raine that you are claiming that you knew because the Raine that you once knew already died in the hands of L's minions! You let her die, Craige! You failed her!" I can see the anger, sadness and hatred on the eyes of Raine.

"There was a huge miscalculation during that mission and we never wanted you to suffer! If we only knew that you were still alive then we might have done something to save you, Raine. Believe me, trust me" nakikita ko ang takot at kagustuhan ni Craige na maibalik ang kanyang dating kaibigan mula sa pagkakalubog niya sa kadiliman.

"Trust? May kapal nang mukha ka pa talaga sabihin sa akin ang dalawang trust?!" malakas na tumawa si Raine na tila isang babaeng nasisiraan na nga bait bago na paputukan si Craige sa kanyang binti.

"CRAIGE!"

"Stay where you are, Davener or else ay ikaw ang isusunod ko!" Raine threatened me while pointing the gun right into my face.

I wanted to save Craige just like how he saved me but for some reason ay parang nanigas ang mga paa ko at hindi ko ito magalaw.

Paano ko ba mapipigilan si Raine? How can we defuse the bomb with this chaos going on? Kung susubukan ko lumapit sa bomba habang nandito si Raine ay may dalawang posibilidad na p'wedeng mangyari. First, p'wedeng i-trigger ni Raine ang bomba at pare-pareho kaming sasabog dito at ang pangalawa ay p'wede niya akong barilin which I presume that she would probably do the latter rather than the former.

Raine walked around while playing with her gun. "How should I kill you? Put a bullet on your skulls or incapacitate you until the bomb explodes?"

She chuckled like an insane madman.

"W-Why? W-Why did you c-chose to side up with the m-mafia? Why did you have to w-work with them?" Craige was gasping, trying to catch his breathe as if tries to stop his wound from bleeding.

Napakagat na lang ako sa aking mga labi dahil wala akong magawa para tulungan si Craige. If I move from where I am standing, Raine could possibly shoot me.