Chapter 4 - Christian is Born

It was only moments after crossing through that the sisters found Beatrice at the entrance of a portal near the convent. They quickly took her to Mother Christina. The sisters and monks of the monastery were aware of the portals, and the other planets, as Mother Christina had confided in them about this. Beatrice told them of the invasion and how the Warbrotums killed their people and destroyed all of their lands. Mother Christina was devastated to hear the news of her beloved Losslurse. Beatrice was not long away from delivering her child and was in despair because she had lost her husband. Right before he had been killed, he had pushed her through the portal. The last thing she saw as the portal was closing was her precious husband having a sword driven through his chest. It was more than she could bear, and she was inconsolable about his loss and the loss of her entire family and world. It was only a few moments after arriving at the convent and explaining about the heartbreaking events of the evening that Beatrice doubled over, and she cried out in pain. She was going into labor with her baby. Mother Christina helped Beatrice lay down, and she noticed the large amount of blood that was soaking through Beatrice's grown and was pooling up quickly around her. Mother Christina had delivered babies before but had never seen this much blood with a delivery. She knew something was going terribly wrong. She had instructed one of the other sisters to call the emergency services. They quickly did so, but they weren't sure how they were going to explain who this woman was and how she came to be at the convent, but that didn't matter right now. All that mattered was helping Beatrice. The baby was already coming, as she could see a good part of its head. Beatrice cried out in agonizing pain. Only a moment later, the baby's head was completely out, and Christina calmly waited for the baby to completely emerge. It was a very quick delivery as the baby was all the way out just moments after her labor had started. Soon, there was a lusty cry, and a weak smile came over Beatrice's face. Christina wrapped the baby up in a blanket that had been handed to her, and she put the baby in Beatrice's arms. Beatrice murmured a name as she looked at him with weak eyes. She called him Christian, and then, her eyes closed, and her arms went limp, and Christina carefully took the baby from her. Beatrice was still bleeding profusely. The paramedics soon arrived and ran into the convent with their equipment. They wasted no time tending to her and quickly placed her on the stretcher, while getting basic information from the mother. Christina was allowed to ride in the ambulance to the hospital as they rushed Beatrice and her baby there. Before they had arrived at the hospital, the paramedic in the back with Beatrice already had IV's dripping as fast as they could go into Beatrice's veins. Christina felt like Beatrice would never wake up again, and she began to pray from the front seat of the ambulance. As soon as they arrived and she stepped out of the ambulance, she started praying over Beatrice's lifeless body, but the staff shewed her away. The staff at the hospital were trying their best to save her but that meant Mother Christiana had to be taken away to a family waiting area to wait for the news about this poor woman.