Chapter 35

The next morning came, and they were all there sitting around the breakfast table. Ella still felt the sting of embarrassment from what she had said and how she had been caught talking about the doctor a couple of days prior. She was also feeling quite down at the thought that the Dr Moustakas may be gone for good. She didn't bring her concerns up to the others and the others knew Ella felt bad enough about the event without them bringing it up to her. They did ask her if she was ok, and then dropped any further conversation about it. Still, she had not seen the doctor since the incident and that worried her more than she thought it should.

The headmaster's birthday dance was this weekend, and the girls were a little disappointed they had all decided not to go. Last year they went and didn't have that good of a time. But the more they thought about it the more they regretted deciding not to go this year. Ella didn't know anything about the dance since she had not been there during the past years. When she heard them talking about it, her interest perked up. She started asking all kinds of questions. The more questions she asked and the more answers the girls gave the more they changed their minds.

"You guys we have to go!" Ella blurted out.

The other girls at the table looked at her with stunned looks on their faces. They would have never expected Ella to want to do something so adventuress.

"Really?" Lucy said excitedly.

"Yes! I think it will be fun!"

"Well, if you guys want to go, I will give it another try." Millicent wanted to do something, and this seemed like it would be as good as anything.

" I would really like to go. I've never been to a dance or a club!" Ella was so excited to do something like this.

Sibylla started reading the rules from the back of the invitation..."Everyone 18 and older is invited but you have to use transportation from the school, and no one can exit the building that the dance is in without a chaperone. There will be no dates from outside the school. The dress code will have the same rules as the dress code during casual time, but the girls can wear semi-formal dresses. There is going to be a DJ, dancing and hors d'oeuvres served."

"It sounds wonderful." Ella interjected.

"Well, it's tomorrow evening, so if we are planning on going, we need to find something to wear." Millicent added.

"Where do we get dresses? Ella asked. I don't have anything like that."

"I can have my mother bring us some things to choose from." Sibylla answered her question. "You know she works at that boutique and always has cute stuff she is bringing home. They have a section of stuff that can be rented. Once you are done with it, you take it back to them and they dry clean it and rent it out again. It's better than buying a fancy dress and wearing it once, just to leave it hanging in your closet. We can do measurements and give them to my mom so she will get the right size. We aren't going to have any time to keep exchanging things. We can tell her what we like, and she can bring us a couple of things each to try on." Sibylla knew her mom wouldn't let them down. She had wonderful taste, and she also knew the dress code that had to be followed.