Chapter 36

The next morning, Sibylla's mom showed up at the school with two dresses for each girl to choose from. When their decisions had been made, each girl had a beautiful party dress that would be perfect for dancing the night away.

Evening finally came and all of the girls were dressed and ready. All of them had taken turns doing the other's hair and nails and even a little makeup. Ella opted for no makeup because she had never been around it, but she had to admit, she loved getting her hair and nails done. She didn't think she was stepping too far out of bounds by having them done either. She left her nails a natural color and her hair was piled on top of her head in an "up do". She had never been dressed up like this and she felt like a princess. She looked at herself in the mirror and was surprised at what she saw. Her dress was black and relatively short at being a little above her knees. It had long sleeves and was sort of form fitting to her body. Ella was a little alarmed when she first tried it on. She never had anything on that hugged her body the way this did. It wasn't tight though, and it did have a full front so her decolletage was covered and that was important to her. Her hair had been put up by Lucy, and Ella was impressed by what a good job she had done. She decided she was quite happy with the way she looked.

The other girls were dressed just as beautifully, and they were all ready to take their journey to the club. They found out that even though the location was reserved for the school, the owners were still going to allow guests from the public in. This had been discussed with the leadership of the school, and they were comfortable with this, because they had many chaperones that were going to be there. Also, only those students 18 and older were allowed to go to this particular event. There were other events that had been planned for the younger students.

They took their turn to ride to the club in one of the limousines that was provided for the event. Ella had never ridden in anything like it, nor had she ever seen the inside of a club, not even in any of the movies she had seen since being at the school. This was the most exciting thing she had ever done. Once they got inside, she was mesmerized by the lights and all of the glimmer and sparkle of everything. The music was loud. She thought, almost too loud, but she wasn't going to let that bother her. There were a lot of people there and she knew there were a lot that weren't associated with the school, by the way they were dressed. There were many beautiful ladies in very short and skimpy dresses. Ella was shocked at how revealing some of the dresses were. There were quite a few that left nothing to the imagination, and she didn't understand how any women could wear something that showed her body off so brazenly. The men weren't as easy to distinguish between. She recognized many male students and staff, but there were others that she had no idea if they were from the school or regular patrons of the place. The girls settled into a small table and watched as the people danced and drank. Of-course the students from the school were not allowed to drink any alcoholic drinks, but they could have fancy virgin drinks. Ella thought it was funny how they were called virgin drinks. When the reasoning for it was explained to her, she understood, but it was still odd to her that they would be called that. Each of them decided on a drink and also accepted several items from a tray of hors d oeuvres that had been sent to their table. Ella decided even if she didn't dance or talk to anyone other than her friends, she would still have a great time. Just being there was thrilling enough. She loved watching everyone too. It was quite entertaining.

As the evening went on, the girls got out on the dance floor and danced. No one asked them to dance, but that didn't matter to any of them. They danced with each other. Ella wasn't sure about her friends, but the thought of someone asking her made her cringe. She didn't want to dance with a boy, but she didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings either. It would be best if no one asked. It wasn't long before Millicent announced she needed to make a trip to the lady's room so they decided they would all go. They knew this meant they could lose their table, but they knew they could find another, even though it wouldn't be in as good of a location. As is typical of many ladies' bathrooms, there was a line. They made the best of it and laughed and talked while they were waiting.