Chapter 33

The next morning when Ella woke up, she was met with that nagging feeling that still plagued her. She knew she was not over the evening before when she had made such a fool of herself. She also knew she couldn't dwell on it too much, because she had two tests today and needed to concentrate on those.

She somehow was able to get herself in a pretty good mood for the rest of the morning. She was sure she had done well on the first test that she had taken, and that cheered her up and helped lighten her mood. Her next class was Professor Addison's. She felt a little self-conscious in his class but at least she wasn't afraid of him. He seemed to avoid her now, which was such a relief. At first, he spoke to her often and called on her all the time in class. She didn't think much about it, because she always got good grades in there, but after he had her stay after his class that time, he started doing things she didn't like at all. He was constantly brushing up on her, anytime she was standing. He would touch her at any opportunity. Sometimes he would be so bold as to stroke her hair. It all stopped suddenly one day. She didn't know why he stopped, but the important thing was, he did. He hardly looked at her anymore. She didn't question him as to why because she was afraid he may take that wrong and start up again. Her reprieve wouldn't last long though, because after his class was lunch. She knew Dr Moustakas would be in there and he would most likely be checking on them. She dreaded seeing him today. Even if she didn't see him at lunch, she had his class right after. She decided she would just assume get that first awkward encounter after yesterday evening out of the way.