The Secret room

They stop at the restroom, Moon waits outside as Ms.Evelyne guides Nova in. The lady sets the girl on the counter and from under it, she pulls out a box. Was there a secret compartment? Secret compartments fascinated Nova a lot. The plastic box says 'Daycare's Main Handler's only! Do not touch.' in bold red marker on the front.

"Who's the Main Handler?"

Ms.Evelyne smiles, "That would be me."

"I thought you're Ms.Evelyne, though?"

From outside the door, Moon answers, " 'Main Handler' is her job title. Evelyne is her name."

"What's your last name?"

"Adkin. Yours?"

Nova shrugs, "My mom didn't tell me, I think..."

"Well, you can use mine."

Moon nudges the door slightly, then without looking in, "ARE YOU GUYS DONE YET?"

******

From the box, they got two toothbrushes and got ready for bed. Afterward they made their way past the daycare and into an area Nova didn't recognize.

They reach a poster of the original Fazbear gang from the 80's (Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy) except they're pirates. Foxy crosses his arms in an X with swords, the chicken is somehow half fish, and the other two are also on the poster. The poster has a gold frame around it and is weirdly placed at the end of a hall.

The animatronic presses his hand to it, they eyes glow in all four characters and it swings open with his hand, revealing another hallway.

"Woah, secret passageway," Nova exclaims. Moon laughs. The hallway is short, but slightly cluttered. Ms.Evelyne moves aside items with the toe of her shoe, nearly tripping though, when she doesn't move an item far enough.

The door at the end, Ms.Evelyne pushes open lightly. A medium sized room that's even more cluttered than the hallway before. The walls were crimson red but stained by grime and the floor was made of wooden plank. Ball pit balls, foam play blocks, and plushies were neatly piled in a corner across the room. Next to it, a wall of drawings and gifts from other kids. Most were of Sun, the rest were of Moon, and a small portion was just stick figures next to cake or birthday presents. And to the right of all that was a boxy wooden platform with a guard rail around it.

Moon lets her slide off his back. Nova lands on her feet and feels the contents of her shoulder bag jostling around inside. Approaching the box platform, she sees stairs next to it and an opening in the wall, "Is that the balcony?"

"Yes it is, Little Star."

"Can I look at it?"

Ms.Evelyne's face twists, "Maybe not now. There aren't guard rails on it to protect any falls."

"Pleeeeeeaaase???" the girl begs, "It's not like I'm gonna fall off... and also, Sun jumps off it all the time, and he's fine!"

Moon giggles, "But Sun defies the laws of physics–"

"What's that?"

"And you're just a little girl; it's dangerous," the animatronic explains kindly.

Her mouth pulls into a line. Then, she frowns and her eyes get big, threatening tears to come.

The mechanic–a new foster parent with no experience from before– panics internally, but knows to at least keep a straight face. The woman sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose, "Fine. Tomorrow," Nova grins widely, no signs of tears exist anymore, "but for now, we gotta go to bed."

Nova turns in a circle, "Then where is bed?"

Moon points to somewhere, "Well it's over-"

"Oh, are those the dolls I gave you?' She exclaims looking at the pile of toys. In the middle, the dolls she made sat.

"Yes, they are."

"So you like them?" she asked excitedly.

"Of course we"—Sun and Moon—"Do! You're so talented, how could we not?"

Nova felt proud. "Well, it's time for bed," Ms.Evelyne reminded.

"Oh yeah, where is the bed?" Nova asked—feeling a sense of Deja Vu.

Moon exhaled/laughed, pointing to a blue rimmed circle hole in the wall, "Through that tube."

The girl ran and dove headfirst into the blue tube. Giving herself so much momentum, she slid straight through it and onto the floor of the next room. Luckily, landing (face planting) in a pile of pillows and a sleeping bag.

She giggled to herself and hugged a pillow nearby, still keeping her face in them. Moon slips in feet first followed by Ms.Evelyne who crawls in.

She uncovers her face to see them both looking down at her. Her sudden awkward smile made the lady laugh in turn.

Moon crouches, "Good night Little star. I'll see you at naptime tomorrow." He moves back to the other room which Nova assumes is where he sleeps.

Her new guardian has already quickly changed from her work attire of white shirt and black pants in exchange for a Glamrock Bonnie sleeping outfit. Loose pants and an oversized hoodie of the brightly colored bunny. On her knees, she filters through a pile of clothes. Nova sets her purple bag in a corner and walks over to the mechanic.
Sitting close, she leans in, listening to Ms.Evelyne's quiet talking.

"I've only found one shirt for her but it'll be way ov-"

"What're you doin?"

Ms.Evelyne yelps then glares, "Geez you scared the sh- the life out of me," she corrects.

"Were you talking to yourself?"

"Yes."

"Do you do that a lot?"

"...Yes."

They looked at each other awkwardly in silence.

"That's weird."

"I-I-I...!" She stutters, trying to explain but ultimately giving up, "I have these clothes for you, but they're gonna be big."

Nova then dresses in them. A small sized Roxanne Wolf hoodie that's large on her. Nova rolls up the sleeves to her forearms and it's so long that it's a dress for her. She puts on Ms.Evelyne's shortest shorts that are for 'going out'. The ends of the shorts barely peeked out from underneath the hoodie.

Nova settles into the sleeping bag then realizes, "Where are you sleeping, Ms.Evelyne?"

The woman shrugs and sits on the floor next to the child, "I'll sleep without the sleeping bag. The pillow is enough and I could probably get a new sleeping bag tomorrow."

Nova nods, "Kay." she raises her brows, a thought crosses her mind, "Are you my new parent?"

She cock's her head to the side, "Sure. For the time being at least, until your real family can get you. " Nova wanted Ms.Evelyne to be her family...

"Does that... does that make you my mom now?"

The lady flusters, surprised, but then smiles kindly, "If you want me to be."

Nova smiles back at her, "Okay!" She slinks under the cover of the sleeping bag,yawning, "...goodnight, Mama!"

Next chapter there will be more Moon interactions I promise!