In need of gifts

Heyyyy!!! I'm back! Sorry for the sudden 2 month hiatus. Life got very busy, and I lost motivation to write for a couple weeks. I also started a YT channel! @GuhnomeArt on youtube. Now I'm back! Honest mistake, meant to post a chapter last week, but I forgot to hit publish I guess. I'll try to post weekly/biweekly from now on. Thanks for being patient with me!
-Guhnome

Weeks later... Sun point of view

Weeks have been going by with so much fun! Every weekday, Nova has a homeschool teacher come over, they learn something, then Nova goes off to play with her little friends. She's made a lot of new friends, but Arsen is undeniably her favorite! Followed by Cassie, who is here more often now that her dad knows she has a friend here.
Now it's December 23, Saturday, and I close for the final time this week at 11. Cassie left a while ago, and Nova has been asleep in the balcony room since 9:00.

Lights won't be off for the next hour or so, and on Saturdays, moon is only out hourly, allowing him to take a break from security duties for the night. I inspect the daycare which is currently spotless— for once. I smile (I'm perpetually smiling, but I feel more smiley at the moment) and start to head to the room. Then I realize Evelyne at the front desk.

I use the transport wire to 'float' toward her. The lady seems stressed. I'd say, 26 is not the age to be stressed. She rubs circles into her temples and groans. Poor girl! She looks so different without the daycare themed makeup. Her face is bare, but pretty! I could see why that man, Sammy, is so interested in her. Suddenly she looks up and sees me.

"WHAT THE-" I tilt my head warningly, "...puck. Dang it Sun, you scared my soul out of me. Don't stalk like that!"
I chuckle, "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I was just curious... what were you doing?"

"Oh," she sighs quietly, "I was searching for a present."

"OoOOooh, for that man you're seeing?" I tease.

"No! No... I have a gift for Sammy already. For Nova."

I clap my hand softly, "Ookay! Makes sense! Any ideas?"

"Not many. I've had her for around 3 months now, and for some reason can't think of anything to get her."

I load up some my profile data of her, "Nova, 7 years old, likes: purple, dogs, Daycare Attendant animatronic, meat pizza (no not-meat), orange flavored fizzyfaz, marshmallows, cookies, plush toys, and all art."

In her face, I watch her expressions as she considers the options, "You know what, Sun? Let's go window shopping for some inspiration."

"Huh?"

"Come on. We can go to the gift shops, check out the stuff." I'm elated to hear that I can leave the daycare again!

"YAYYY! Lemme check on Novs real quick, then we'll be on our way."

She nods, leaving for the exit. Swiftly, the transport wire takes me to the balcony. I peek inside and am surprised to see Nova is awake. She hums the daycare's theme, laying on her stomach and drawing.

"Nov-" she screeches, surprised.

"Sun!! You scared me...!" she whines.

"Am I scary to you guys?" I ask, this being the second time I've scared someone tonight.

"Noooo!"

I clear my—robotic—throat, "Ehem- well- why are you up, Novs?"

She shushes me, "Don't tell momma."

"I won't, but what are you doing?"

"I'm making a Christmas gift for momma."

"Hm?" I lower from the balcony platform and look at her drawing. It's a detailed drawing where I can tell that it's herself and Evelyne hugging. She also used glitter glue to highlight her purple hair and Evelyne's make up.

"Awww, cute!" I take the art supplies in my hands and dump them into a bucket, "BUT, it's time to go to sleep, you naughty little girl!"

Nova giggles, agreeing, and crawls through the blue pipe, "Goodnight Sun!" she tells me.

"Sweet dreams SuperNova!"

******

I meet up with Evelyne outside the red daycare doors. She tucks her hands into her pockets. She wears the Glamrock Foxy hoodie, has her hair in a ponytail, and wears loose striped pants. Foxy's cove used to be near the daycare, for younger kid's entertainment.

Though now they're relocating him to be next to Roxy's raceway because there are many mutual fans of the two. I've heard that along with that, they are finally adding that new gator character as an actual animatronic and not just a soda branding.

But, I did hear that there were problems with both. Foxy is struggling to adjust to his new surroundings and the gator is having problems with it's emotional programming. The gator possibly having anger and ego issues.

"You good Evelyne?"

"Yeah. Let's go." We stroll over to the gift shop, examining all the gifts. Toys, balloons, decorations, all with the fazbear franchise characters. Mostly the main four, Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, and Roxy. There is some merch of myself and Moon, Foxy and a small bit of exclusive things with Monty. Evelyne inches around, frowning at the options, finding each probable gift unfitting for her foster daughter. Suddenly we hear something heavy crash downstairs. We take the shortcut of spiral stairs to the second level in the gift shop.

Down there, a man crouches near a tipped over toolbox, gathering tools he dropped. A deactivated security bot with an open control panel idles next to him.

"Benson? Are you okay?" the handler asks the technician.
He looks up at us, his eyes matching Cassie's, "Yes, I'm fine. The bot went on the fritz and knocked my tools off the table," Evelyne starts picking up his tools too, "these bots aren't fit for these jobs yet. They need to be refined." I approach them both as they finish gathering the tools.

"Do you think that about... us?" I question the man.
He looks at me, considering my question, "No. Definitely not. You animatronics are hyper intelligent, emotional, and very capable. These metal hunks of junk can't even work for more than a week," he flicks its head, "I'm trying to get them to be the greatest at their job."

Ev smiles with a hand on his shoulder, "But not too great, or we're out of a job."

He returns her grin, "Of course. I'm aware, but I doubt they could take our job anytime soon. Vanessa wouldn't like it anyways."

"I'm sure Vanessa would be happy to see Dave gone," I joke uncharacteristically.

Benson laughs, "I could imagine. I bet she would just get rid of all us S.T.A.F.F, stay here and be the only one left."

"Vanessa: Leader of the pizzaplex and the security bot army," Evelyne adds.

We all laugh heartily and Benson realizes, "Why are you here, Daycare Attendant?"

"I'm helping Evelyne find gifts."

"For Nova," she elaborates.

Benson nods, "I got Cassie a Roxy Talkie. I also decided to get another for some boy in her class, the Freddy radio a.k.a Freddio. Nova has a buddy like that too, right? What if you get them the Sun and Moon version of those? That way, all 4 can talk together."

We're surprised to hear the suggestion and are satisfied now that we have a present for the girl. I can't wait to give it to her!

Btw, thanks for all the support while I was gone! When I was here last, I only had 1k (total) reads, but now it's at 3k! I'm so thankful for all of you!