Playtesting Prototype

Sun 1st person

In the past few weeks I could see the signs clearer now that I knew. It was seemingly obvious, Arsen's little crush, but Nova remains oblivious to it all. Puppy love is cute.

The large wood door opens and two people walk through. The first being Cassie, followed by her father, the head technician of Bonnie Bowl. He carries a large box around half the size of Cassie. It's green with Monty's golf theme in the design. "Hello daycare attendant," the man greets me.

"Hi! What brings you here?"

Cassie hugs Nova and introduces herself to Arsen. It seems they all get along nicely. They start up a conversation quickly, bickering over which animatronic is the best. The ones they mention are Moon/Myself, Music man, and Roxy. Then they start questioning if Moon and I count as one animatronic or two. I say we are two different people in one animatronic, but to each their own.

Evelyne comes close to us, answering my original question, "I got your email Benson. Corporate wants us to test something?"

"More like he wants our kids to test this. It's a toy prototype."

They pull off the lid and the kids curiously wander over.

"Golfing stuff?" Cassie asks

Arsen grins, "My brother brings me to monty golf all the time! I'm a pro at this!"

The smallest of the three picks out a club that's basically her height, "How do I use this?" Benson helps the girl by adjusting it's size for her, which is something this toy version can do. I lean towards the box, visually inspecting the items. I ask Evelynne if the balls are actual golf balls.

Tossing one between her hands, "It is one of the real ones," she says, surprised, "I thought the company was too cheap for these kinds of things; I thought they were light plastics."

I weigh the second one in my hand, "I'm worried these are a hazard for the kids."

She shrugs and lays out the grassy mat, the hole, and the flag that goes next to it. Benson is done explaining the game to Nova, whose club is now way smaller than her friend's.

I lay the ball out on the mat, and Cassie smacks it with her club quickly. I nearly got hit in the face! I would hate for Evelynne to have to fix my face again... it takes forever. I watch Benson take notes (I think he noticed the hazard I just faced—quite literally).

The young boy in the trio smirks at Cassie, "Your ball didn't even go close to the hole. I can do better!! Watch and learn, Cass!" He carefully drops the ball onto the mat and with a swift hit the ball is propelled straight into the hole. Cassie rolls her eyes while Nova claps, impressed. Arsen bows to his crowd in an eccentric manner.

"My turn." Nova giggles. With less care than her friends, she tosses the ball down and most aggressively swings her club. The ball gains a ton of momentum, flinging into the air. The technicians duck when it nearly hits them. It instead hits the wall, ricochets, and crashes right into my face.

"Oops."

"Nova! Seriously?!"

"Sorry mama..." Tears start forming in her eyes.

The tech sighs, looking at me, "Haha, only a dent! I think it makes me look cooler," I say with a thumbs up, chuckling sheepishly. I definitely need it fixed, but anything to keep Novs from crying!

Note from Author: I did not notice how much time passed from the last time I posted on here! Sorry about that! I had a lot of school responsibilities throughout the last month, along with maintaining my yt channel and my personal art projects. (Btw my yt hit 1k subs. Yay!)

I remembered I had a wattpad story to write last week, and was surprised to see I had 90+ notifications?!? A lot of you all were voting on my chapters, commenting, and adding this story to your reading lists! I know I make many promises, but now that I have more support on here, I'll make more effort to post here! Thank you so much everyone!!