Moon's Patrol

MOON POINT OF VIEW. (trying first person for once, please comment at the end if you like first person or if you think I should stick with third person) Enjoy!

I slide back through the blue tube, leaving the girl—and I guess— her new parent alone together. I do a simple jump from the wood floor onto the platform to the balcony. Looking over the daycare, I plant my hands on my hips. It's mostly clean; Sunny probably can handle the remainder of the messes before opening tomorrow. The place will be flooded with kids. The virtual clock in the system tells me it's sometime past 12 o'clock... making me late for my patrols. I send out the signal to summon my transportation wire to me. It'll come eventually.

"Moonyyyyy!"

"Hello Sun," I respond to the voice in my head, "Have you finished charging?" We function on 2 batteries, and we're considered one of the newest technologies. Our energy is recycled between the two of us for a week until we have to recharge on Sundays, when the pizzaplex is closed.

My hyper counterpart giggles, "Yep! How are you, Moon?"

"I'm fine, Sun. I'm starting patrols, actually"

"Ooh goody! Will you say hi to the Glamrocks?"

I think, "Possibly. If I have the time, or if I cross paths with one of them..." the wire comes and I hook it to the metal loop on my back. The girl crosses my mind, "Are you aware of why that girl, Nova, is here?"

" OH, yes! Such a sweet girl... her mother didn't come to pick her up."

"Then what about her secondary contacts? And shouldn't we send her to foster care?"

"Well, the contacts didn't exist... and uh, Evelyne fostered her!"

Moon stops his 'flying' and stops in the middle of the daycare in surprise, "Evelyne?"

"Yes! Shocking isn't it?"

"Well yes, but I don't think she would even know what she is to do as a parent."

Sun huffs, "She might not have had parents for herself when she was a kid, but that doesn't disable her from being a good mother!"

I sigh, "You're right, Sunny. Apologies."

"You better, Moon!" he snaps back teasingly.

I laugh, continuing to float outside the daycare and to the main entrance. The wire is magnetic to the ceiling so I don't need a track anymore. Patrolling is boring as usual, no action. Nothing is happening besides Sun's talking; the shining animatronic ranted about the fun stuff that happened with the kids. Towards the end of his stories, he spoke exclusively of Nova and how nice, smart, and talented she was. Also mentioning how she made friends with that boy with many siblings, Arsen, who didn't have many friends beforehand. 3 hours later he reaches his conclusion.

"—Isn't that all SO great, Moon?"

"It is—" a loud crash sounds from elsewhere. I whip my head around, in full circles, getting scans of the area.

"WHAT IS IT MOONY??? I'M SCAREDDD!!"

I growl... it's a change to get some action, but at the same time action means there's a threat. And threats should be rid of. One way or another...

My laughter becomes somewhat deranged as I make my way towards where the sound might've come from. Then my suspicions of its source are confirmed when I hear some clattering. Who/whatever it is, I will capture and report it immediately. I pinpoint that they are in the small area between the two staircases where the broken elevator is.

I creep around the corner and the culprit is crouched, turned away. Now's my chance, I laugh.

I leap from behind my cover at them, but pausing when they shriek loudly. So high pitched it couldn't be an adult. Then, she starts crying. The girl, Nova.

"Oh my!!! NOVAAAA!" Sun yelps even when she can't hear him.

She cries and shrinks away, her eyes squeezing shut. "Oh...! Little Star, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you! Are you okay?" I ask in a gentle voice.

Slowly she opens her eyes, "Moon...?"

"Yes. I'm so sorry Nova! I thought you were a 'bad guy'."

Nova smiles lightly, using the backs of her wrists to wipe away the tears, "I-I'm not."

"Aww!"

I tilted my head inquisitively, "Uh, Little one, what are you doing up at this time? It's nearly 4 am."

She sniffles, "I realized that I couldn't find my doll in my bag... I thought I dropped her somewhere here..."

"Oh..." I hug her, "You should've waited for tomorrow morning! We could help you find it easier!"

"Yeah! Hahaha!"

"Yeah, sorry," she hugs me back tight, "Thanks Moon!"

I feel some warm and fuzzy feeling inside—which wouldn't necessarily be good because I am a robot— but it's nice. I bet Sunny feels it too.

While I'm apprehensive about having this kid here, practically 24/7, we both have a good feeling about her.

Should I do First or third person? Thanks for reading!