Stars in the Sky

Moon Point of view.

I sit on the floor, cross legged, humming a lullaby while Nova colors in a Fazbear Entertainment coloring page. She was coloring a picture of Bonnie spinning his bowling ball on a finger— which is almost as physically bizarre as Sunny's morning leap from the balcony. Now she works on Roxanne in a race car. Nova is a neat child, making sure to stay within the lines. She is also very talented at shading with crayons.

Evelyne has been talking to Dave about the new technology they implemented, the V.A.N.N.I network, if I'm not mistaken. She's highly skeptical of it. Therefore she refuses to use it or have us daycare attendants updated with it. I honestly agree with her choice and don't think we should use it— but that's not my decision to make.

The crayon in the girl's hand snaps, "Awh."

I chuckle at her reaction, "How'd that happen?"

She turns to look at me, "I colored too hard. But I was trying to make that shadow the darkest."

I grab the Bonnie page from the floor, "It looks good. You're very skilled, Little Star." She grins widely, showing off all the gaps in her mouth. She seems to be missing three teeth.

"Thanks Moon," she hugs me around the waist, and I gently return her hug.

"AAAAAAAAH I LOVE HERRRRRR!" Sun screeches loudly. I hold back on scolding him for possibly damaging my hearing.

I glance at the Roxy picture, "You forgot to color in her eyes."

She looks at me, half happy and half annoyed, "I can't remember the color." I realize I can't remember either. I could check the database... nevermind, I don't feel like it.

"You can look at her eyes next time."

Nova nods and gathers all the crayons to put in a basket. Now that she's done, she finds herself bored, "What should we do, Moon?"

I crouch, but even when I'm crouched Nova has to bend her neck to look at my face— small child. I pick her up instead to avoid her neck hurting later.

"What do you want to do?"

Nova pokes a finger to her chin, as if it was a deep thought, "Umm..." —she scans the room—"Go up there...?"

I glance where she points, "No; didn't Ms.Evelyne say no going on the balcony?"

"Mama isn't here though..."

I internally smile more, "You're a cheeky one aren't you? I don't want you going there if Ev said so."

"Please?"

"No."

"Moon, Pleeeeaaaaase?"

"No."

"Whyyyy?"

"Just no."

She pouts, "Just once? You can keep me safe right?" Puppy eyes won't work on me—

"Rrgh-" I slap my palm to my flat face, "Fine." The girl giggles, cheers and claps her hands, which is honestly really cute. I climb the stairs, skipping steps, and stand at the platform. This looks over the entire superstar daycare—which is dark right now. I can tell Nova is somewhat disappointed by the darkness when she says, "Okay... done now."

I tilt my head, "I have an idea." She's confused by what I mean, but watches intently when the transport wire arrives.

Automatically, it hooks to the ring on my back, "Hold tight, my star." Her arms tighten around me as I kick off from the balcony edge. We drift to the middle of the room, above everything.

The dim light kinda ruins the view...but I can see it from night vision. I feel excited to show her a feature we've never got to use. Neon stars stuck to the walls light up in yellows and purples. The little girl awes at the light and view from here. The light is bright enough to light the place without switching me to Sun, and it's beautiful—which is why I like it; sadly it's too bright for kids to be able to nap.

"It's so..."

"Pretty?"

"Yeah!" her smile is brighter than the lights, "I love it!" We idle in the air for a while, basking in the light. Nova leans her head sleepily on my shoulder, so I choose to lean my head on hers.

Then annoyingly, "WEEEE WOOOO WEEEE WOOOO."

I groan inwardly, "What is it, Sunny?"

"Sorry to bother the adorable bonding time, Moony—but Evelyne is coming back."

I turn off the neon light so Evelyne can't see me hovering with the child in arms against her word. I start to tell Novs it's time to go back but notice that she's already sleeping— snoring softly and drooling on my shoulder. Ew, but, aw. I make my way slowly back to the balcony so as not to wake her then set Nova onto her sleeping bag.

After making sure she has her plushie with her I leave for my security patrols: "Sweet dreams, Little Star."

I posted earlier than I said I would hehe. Next episode release: on Sunday or Monday