Chapter 27: I will not be Mary Jane

Unforgiven 2

Dean paced in front of the couch. "So we know that this is a monster with, uh, opposable thumbs and unlimited text messaging. And we know that it wants to kill you specifically. Does that about cover it?"

"You know, none of that's really helpful." Alexis tells him as Madilyn set her hand on Alexis's stomach, hoping to feel one of her sister's kick. Madilyn's eyes grew heavy as she yawned.

"It's an Arachne." Sam states.

"Like--Like, as in a-a, uh, spider?" Alexis asks, eyes wide as she looked at Sam.

"A what?" Dean asks, leaning against the mantel above the fireplace.

Sam looked up at Dean. "I remembered."

"You remembered?" Dean repeats, earning a nod. "I'm sorry, uh, what else have you remembered?"

"Are we going to ignore the giant ass spider we have to deal with?" Alexis asks. 

"Don't worry, alright?" Sam tells Dean. "It's nothing to do with hell."

"Uh-huh. Not yet, anyway." Dean argues. 

"What can I do, Dean. Stuff is just starting to come back. Alright. Maybe it's natural."

"We're leaving."

"No, we can't." Sam insists. 

"We are not the only hunters on the planet, okay?" Dean says. "We could call Bobby. He and Rufus could come wrap this up."

"How?" Sam asks. "Like you said, it could be anybody. We got jack for leads."

"We know that it hates you." Dean pointed at Sam, his voice slightly louder than before. 

"I know who did this. I just--I can't remember." Sam drops the folder in hand, grabbing another. 

Dean stepped forward, snatching it from his hand and throwing it onto the coffee table before sitting down in the armchair. "I don't think you get the risk here, Sam." His voice was calmer now.

"Yes, I do." Sam tells him. 

"Really?" Dean asks. "You get that every time you scratch that wall, you are playing Russian roulette?"

"Dean, I get you're worried. I know what you think is gonna happen. But you know what? It will or it won't."

"Sam--"

"Look, I'm starting to think that I might have done some bad stuff here, Dean." Sam says. "And I don't care if it's dangerous. I have to set things right. 'Cause I got a frigging soul now, and it won't let me just walk away." He sighs. "I'm staying here and I need you to back me up."

Dean looks up at Sam, scoffing softly. "Alright. Why not?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because it's a huge ass spider." Alexis suggests. 

"Well, let's Memento this thing, shall we?" Dean continues, standing. 

Sam, Dean and Alexis get to work, tacking a map of the town to the wall, then adding the missing persons papers and different pieces of evidence. Then they ran a piece of string from tack to tack, connecting it all. 

Once finishing that, Sam stood back, staring at the board. Alexis sighed, rubbing her eyes as Dean flipped through a police report. Suddenly Sam was frantically looking around. 

"You okay?" Dean asked. 

Sam didn't answer, he barely heard Dean as he was reliving the events that had transpired a year before. How he convinced Roy to meet him and Samuel at the park, how Roy was then taken by the Arachne. Then Samuel and Sam followed it back to its lair, which was an abandoned boat house.