Chapter One.

Leon

It's hard.

     Hard to be an Alpha's son. Hard to be an Alpha. Hard to be one of the most successful businessmen and an Alpha of the world's largest pack at the same time.

     Everything is hard without a mate.

     I'm twenty-six and still mateless. All my friends have found their mate's. My beta, my second in command and my best friend, Andrew, didn't have to wait long. He found his mate a day after he shifted into his wolf at sixteen. Unfortunately, his mate was my sister.

     It was gross watching them being all lovey-dovey in front of me. They didn't care if they were in public either. When they were together, it was just them in their own bubble. But it's also been ten years since then and now, everyone in the pack house has gotten used to their... romantic antics.

     Ever since I took over the Alpha position from my dad, I've worked my butt off to bring the pack, and the business empire, to the glory it has now. Since I took over, I've worked for more than twenty hours a day, both for the pack and the business. Expanding the territory for the pack as well as the business empire in more than five countries after my dad started it, it has been a tough time. And without a mate, it's been even tougher.

     There were so many days I'd return home exhausted, and the only thing I'd want is for have someone with me, someone who could share my burdens, someone I could talk to about everything going on, in the pack and in the business. But life hasn't been so giving.

     You've got work to do. My wolf said suddenly, breaking me out of my thoughts. I sighed.

     Work seems more like a burden these days. I replied and my wolf scoffed.

     If you would only take it easy. You're making all this a burden on your own self. Our mate would've made you see, and helped you through this. My wolf said and I grew angry.

     Well, she's not here! I snapped at my wolf. He knew for me; our mate was a sensitive topic. We had longed, searched far and wide for her, but yet, she wasn't found. We had visited almost every country in search for her. Attending parties in the wolf and human world, had almost every packs girl brought in front, or near me to see if they were my mate. But the result was always negative.

     Leon, she'll come to us. We've searched and searched, used all our resources to find her. She'll come to us, Leon. And soon. I can feel it. My wolf said, trying to cheer me up but I sighed and went towards my desk.

     I was in my business office currently. I was hiring a PA for myself. My old one turned out to be the usual girls. She was a she-wolf from the neighbouring pack. At first, all was alright. We had a proper employer-employee relationship until she tried to seduce me.

     That was one thing I never tolerated.

     I hated when she-wolves did that. Forcing themselves to be my mate for power. I knew, and still know what's it like to be without a mate. I couldn't let other wolves go through what I do on a daily basis.

     A knock came on the door and I sighed.

     "Come in." I called. When the door started opening, my wolf went crazy. He kept howling, jumping around in glee and excitement. It left me confused.

     That's when the smell of jasmine hit me.

     I took a deep breath, my nostrils filled with even more jasmine. Then the scent of honeysuckle came as the door opened even more, however the person behind still wasn't revealed. The sleeve of a navy-blue jacket appeared. As the door opened even more, a baby pink collar appeared over the blue jackets collar. Ivory skin that looked like the softest thing in earth, pink full lips that seemed like they were just dying to be kissed, a straight nose. That's when my blue eyes met her violet ones.