Chapter Two.

Leon

"He's not in the picture. Never has and never will be."

     Her voice rang in my head every second of the day. What did she mean he wasn't in the picture? Did he die? Were they together? Did they love each other? Were they friends? If not, what were they? How did she get pregnant with her daughter?

     Questions after questions troubled me the whole day. I knew these questions were making my wolf mad because he kept shouting at me to shut up and to stop overthinking it. That our mate will tell us everything one day. Sooner or later. But we'll get to know the truth.

     I drove towards my house at the end of the day. The house in the city was for whenever I was here for business. Otherwise, I lived in the pack house with everyone.

     I didn't tell them that I finally found their Luna. I wanted to meet my mate's daughter first. I didn't know how the pack, how my parents would react when they find out that their Luna is a human. That she already has a daughter.

     My parents would be shocked at the very least. Mum would be displeased by my mate's behavior by getting pregnant, I know that much.

     She'll have to accept her in the end. Mother or not, we've been separated from our mate for far too long. My wolf said and I nodded in agreement.

     After reaching home in five minutes, I grabbed an apple from the kitchen and walked into my room. Flopping myself down on the king-sized bed, I stared at the white ceiling above me. Taking a bite out of the apple, I was about to let my mind wander off again when my wolf snapped.

     Don't even think about it!

     The next day, I waited patiently while Jennifer was gone to pick her daughter up. I was a little nervous, I'll admit. I didn't know what to expect in the coming ten minutes.

     I stood hidden in the shadowed corner of my office when the sound of a baby talking came. I wanted to see how they were together when they thought no one was in the room. The door soon opened and Jennifer stood there, wearing a black jacket and a pencil skirt.

     "Mr. Wol- Leon?" She called but I didn't reply, no matter how much I wanted to. A little girl ran in. Her hair was the same colour like Jennifer's. She seemed about five years old. It really made me wonder when did my mate get pregnant. Her eyes were violet as well, and when I studied her closely, I saw that there wasn't a trace of her father that could be found. She was a child version of my mate.

     Her violet eyes were looking at my large office in wonder. She walked back to Jennifer with her eyes wide.

     "You work here, mommy?" She asked and Jennifer shook her head with a smile.

     "It's not my office, sweetheart. My office is outside. But yes, I do work here." My mate replied softly and ran her hand through her daughter's hair. Bella grinned at her mom, and then started running around the office with a grin, her small arms flying in the air.

     "It's so big!" She said in glee and I couldn't help but chuckle.

     She's so cute. I said and my wolf nodded in agreement.

     She is. And when our mate has our pups, they'll be cute as well. My wolf said and I nodded while Jennifer tried to catch Bella.

     "Bella, this isn't our home. Stop running." She said as she chased her and I chuckled when Bella completely ignored her mom.

     "You should listen to your mother, Bella." I finally said, stepping out from the shadows as the two bodies froze. They both looked at me with wide eyes while I stepped closer to Bella. My neck ached when I stared down at the small girl with my 6'4 height.