Chapter Twenty-Two.

Leon

I buttoned up my tux jacket carefully before adjusting the collars of the blue shirt I was wearing underneath. I couldn't stand bow ties or ties chocking my neck so I never bothered wearing them, even on special occasions.

After combing my hair back, I looked into the mirror but couldn't find myself being satisfied with the look so I ruffled my jet-black hair and then combed it in a right-side parting, hoping my mate would like my look.

As I stared myself in the mirror, my blue eyes seemed more happier than ever. Before when I used to attend Luna balls, my eyes were always a little sad and disappointed because I hadn't found my mate. But tonight, it was me who was hosting the Luna ball for my mate, my Luna.

I think she will approve. Maybe a tie...? My wolf suggested and I scrutinized my look in the mirror before shrugging.

If she asks, then I will. I said.

A knock came on my door suddenly and I turned towards it as I called out. "Come in."

The door opened and to my surprise, Xander stood there. I raised an eyebrow at him in question and he held a tie up in the air.

"Mom is getting ready and told me to ask you for help." He said and I chuckled. I motioned for him to come forward and he slowly obliged.

"I don't like you too, you know." I said quietly as I took the tie from him and then kneeled down to his height. "Bella and you both are too young to be mates. I hope you realise that." I said and he frowned.

"But we are mates. You can't do anything about that. You're not even her real father." He said and I frowned, feeling a little hurt by that.

"A father isn't who someone is biologically related to. He takes care of the family. That makes me Bella's father. And don't you dare say that again." I said as I tied the first knot on the tie.

"So, you don't like me as a father?" He asked with a frown.

"A boys wolf is very hormonal. Your wolf keeps telling you to mark Bella, doesn't he?" I asked but Xander shook his head to my surprise.

"He keeps telling me that neither of us are ready for it. Too young." He said and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Smart wolf you have there then. I'm glad he hid himself from the Elders." I said and Xander cracked a smile.

"He says it was a piece of cake. He had to do it many times whenever Alpha Blake came over to our house." He said and his face darkened. I adjusted the tie before straightening his jacket.

"He's going to be here tonight. I want you and your wolf to not lash out on him. I've already told him that you and your mom are under my protection and the Elders will protect you two as well. Am I understood? You can't lose yourself in anger and hate for him." I said and Xander nodded slowly.

"We'll try." He said and I smiled, feeling like I had taken a step forward for the better with Xander.

"Good. Now let's go."

Have you ever felt so overwhelmed that your breath left your body and you forgot how to even breathe? Felt your heart pound loudly in your chest from seeing something so heartbreakingly beautiful? That's how I felt when I saw my mate for the first time that night. She was wearing a midnight blue dress, a small slit that was showing the hints of her legs. I held my hand out to her as she neared the end of the steps and she took it with a shy smile.

"You look beautiful. Breathtakingly so." I whispered and she blushed. Her eyelids were coloured the same blue as her dress, a little hint of eyeliner could be seen also, but she mostly kept her look natural. Her hair was curled up and made into a neat bun behind her head.