Chapter Seven.

Leon

Jennifer looked at me in disbelief.

     "What?" She breathed out and I nodded.

     "Is that... Is that why you're so sure nobody will take Bella away from me?" She asked hesitantly and I nodded again, but then stopped short.

     "As long as you and Bella are in my territory, I can make sure you two stay safe. However, if you... if you decide to leave and unknowingly go into someone else's territory, I will be practically powerless to save you from them. That's why I'm saying let Bella join our pack. If she joins our pack, she'll be safe because right now, Bella is a rogue. Someone without a pack and rogues are those werewolf's who are extremely loathed by packs. They won't hesitate to kill a rogue." I said and Jennifer paled.

     "Are you trying to scare me?" She asked and I quickly shook my head, feeling a little hurt by her accusation. But at some level, I understood it as well.

     "I'd never try to scare or even threaten you. The rogues that followed Bella, I left them alive in front of Bella just so that she didn't have to see a bloodbath. They're either killed on the spot or taken into the dungeons where they are kept, and tortured, in case they are spies for other packs, or for information. It's the norm in packs, Jennifer. What I'd really like is, I want Bella, and you, to see how packs are run. See how they train, how they live. It'll create an educational environment for Bella, Jennifer. And easier for both of us because I have many people there that can care for Bella while we work. Also, I work from home. My house in the pack. It'll get tiring for me to travel to the city and back to the pack every day. I not only gave to look after the business, I have to look after the pack as well." I finished. Jennifer nodded her head.

     "I can see where you're coming from... How big is your pack?" She asked and I hesitated, my hand running through my hair.

     "Um, sixty thousand five hundred people. Give or take." I said and Jennifer's eyes widened. I chuckled. "I'm the Alpha of the Imperial Heart pack. It's the biggest pack in the world... As well as the most ruthless when threatened." I said and she looked away.

     "Is that the reason you're saying Bella will be safe?" She asked and I nodded in confirmation.

     "It is." I said and she sighed.

     "If I agree, where will we live?" She asked.

     "With me. I mean, in the mansion where I live. It's for the Alpha and the beta family. Since we have a large pack, the pack members have their own houses near the mansion." I said and she nodded but then hesitated.

     "Can't we have a house to ourselves?" She asked. Before I could stop it, a growl escaped my lips at the thought of having my mate live away from me even though she's near. Jennifer looked at me shocked and I shook my head.

     "I'm afraid that's not possible. We currently don't have any free houses as yet. All of them are occupied and it will take months to build a new one." I said and she sighed in defeat. I internally cheered, knowing I had won.

     "Okay." She said and I smiled brightly.

     "Okay." I repeated. That's when I noticed what she was wearing. Being scared about Bella and her protection, I hadn't even paid attention to my mate's clothing.