Chapter Eight.

Leon

"Leon? Leon, wake up!"

     A voice shouted and I jerked awake. I looked up sleepily through my parted eyes and saw Andrew standing there, looking at me confused. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

     "What is it?" I asked hoarsely. Looking at the clock I saw it was only eight AM. I groaned realising I had only been asleep for three hours. I slammed my head back down on the desk. "Leave me alone." I groaned and heard Andrew chuckle.

     "Man, you're late. You had to pick your mate, remember?" He said, humour in his voice was present. I was about to fall asleep again but then the words he said registered in my ear.

     "Oh damn!" I exclaimed and quickly ran out of the office and into my room. I quickly dressed myself after taking a quick shower before running out of the room.

     "Leon, have your breakfast—"

     "Not now, mom! I'm late!" I shouted as I ran past her and out of the mansion. I debated whether to use the car or not for a second but then shifted into my wolf, knowing I'll be faster this way.

     I reached their house in fifteen minutes. I was panting heavily from running an hour's journey so fast. My lungs burned as I took deep breaths to calm my pounding heart. I shifted back into my human form before walking towards their back door. I knocked on it and Jennifer opened it in five minutes, an eyebrow raised.

    "Sorry. I overslept." I said and she chuckled before opening the door.

    "What time did you go to sleep?" She asked and I rubbed the back of my neck, a little hesitant in telling
her.

     "Uh, three hours ago." I confessed and her eyes widened.

     "Leon, you realise that's not healthy, don't you?" She asked and I internally smiled at her concern for me.

     "I'm used to it, Jennifer. It's nothing new for me. I've been doing this for the past ten years." I said and her eyes widened.

     "What? Doesn't...doesn't your mate take care of you? Or your family?" She asked and I looked away when she said 'mate'.

     "My mate... She's not here as yet. I haven't met her." Until recently. I added in my head while my mate looked away.

     "I'm sorry. I sho—"

     "No, no, it's alright." I cut in and she sighed. "Where's Bella?" I asked and she sighed again.

     "She's been upset the whole night. Blames herself. She refuses to come out of her room." Jennifer said and I sighed. I knew I was a part of that guilt. I shouldn't have scolded her so harshly.

     "Would you mind if I talk to her?" I asked and she shook her head. I placed my hand on her shoulder to comfort her before walking towards Bella's room.

     Bella was sitting on her bed, hugging a teddy to her with a sad expression on her face. She looked up when I entered but then looked away. However, I saw the slightest hint of tears in her eyes before she did.

     "Bella—" She shook her head, cutting me off.

     "I'm sorry." She whispered, hugging the teddy closer. I sighed and walked over to her and kneeled down on the floor so that we were on a face to face level.

     "I'm sorry as well. I shouldn't have shouted at you like that." I said but she shook her head again.

     "My wolf... She told me not go do it but I didn't listen." Bella said and I sighed. I took her small hand in mine and gave it a reassuring squeeze.