Chapter Sixteen.

Leon

"Alpha, Alpha Sterling is here to see you." I looked up and saw Andrew standing there. I nodded at him.

"Let him in." I said and Andrew nodded.

"Alpha Sterling?" Jennifer asked as she stood beside me just as Zack Sterling came in the office. He was a man in his mid-forties, blonde with brown eyes, and a sharp jaw structure.

"Alpha Wolf." He greeted me and I nodded at him. Getting up from my chair, I held my hand out to him.

"Alpha Sterling. Welcome to my pack." I said and he gave me a small smile, shaking my hand. I motioned for him to take the chair in front of me and he sat down. "How can we help you today, Zack?" I asked and he frowned.

"Look, Leon, we Alpha's have had a meeting with the Elders. We were summoned there actually." He started and I frowned.

"But why wasn't I?" I asked and he gave out a breath.

"Them and the other Alpha's have appointed me to tell you this since your father and I have been great friends, so they think that I can make you understand this better than anyone. The Elders have had enough, Leon. They are giving you a deadline of a month to find your mate or make someone else from your pack as a Luna. It isn't sitting well with them how you have been mateless for so long as well as that this pack doesn't have a Luna to rule with you." Zack said and I frowned.

"But why? The Elders are only there to make sure there isn't anything wrong going on with the packs. And as for the other Alpha's, why are they so concerned about me finding my mate? It's none of their business." I said and Jennifer stepped closer to me. Zack gave Jennifer a sidelong look before looking back at me.

"The Elders are really... It's being a thorn in their side how you're managing the pack and your business so well without a Luna. And as for the Alpha's, they're all hoping you'd pick their daughter as your mate." Zack said and I sighed, leaning back against my chair.

"Leon?" Jennifer asked quietly and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"It's alright." I said and then looked back at Zack. "Look, Zack, there is no way in earth I'm going to choose someone as a Luna who is not my mate. Secondly, I'd like to know what the Elders have planned if the deadline is not met." I said and he sighed, rubbing his hand on his forehead.

"They plan to overthrow you. According to their rules they're imposing on you, you need to find a Luna and mark her. Mating is there as well, but they just want you to see your mark on a she-wolfs neck." Zack said and I sighed.

"Well, then they'll be happy to know that I've found my mate." I said and Zack grinned.

"Finally! Now where is that she-wolf? We need to talk to her about being gone for so long." Zack said and I chuckled while Jennifer blushed.

"Zack, meet Jennifer, my mate. Jennifer, this is Zack. He has been dad's friend since he took over his pack." I said and Zack looked at Jennifer shocked.

"A human? The Moon Goddess chose a human mate for you?" Zack asked and I nodded.

"She did. And I'm very glad she chose Jennifer." I said and Jennifer blushed even more.

"It's nice to meet you, Alpha Sterling." Jennifer said but Zack narrowed his eyes at her. Specifically speaking, her neck.

"You're not wearing his mark." He accused. Jennifer looked taken aback and I couldn't help but growl.

"Alpha Sterling, there are things to consider before I mark her." I said.

"Like?" He asked. As if on cue, the door opened and Bella ran in.